34 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 34 Commander

Hi, I have what I think is a 34 commander land cruiser. I don't know what to do with it so I've decided to try and sell it. Does anyone know what kind of value this car might have and where a good place to post it? I have the original straight 8. It has been rebuilt but I haven't put it back in yet. Any help would be appreciated. I tried to attach a picture I hope it showed up.

Thanks,
    Attached Files

Yup, it's a '34. Just send it to me for disposal.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

It is a '34. Being an Eight it may be a Commander or President. The small tag on the cowl would tell you. If it starts with the letter B it would be a Commander and a C a President. You refer to it as a Land Cruiser but that name was reserved for the aerodynamic style body shown below. Your picture does not show the rear body so I can't tell for certain but it appears to be a regular 4-door sedan and not the Land Cruiser. More pictures?.

Click image for larger version

Name:	land cruiser rt full labeled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	1716318
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Trade you 2 Big macs and Chicken Fries!

Seriously, tho I'd love to have that myself.

Whatever you do, keep it away from the "Rodders" it's too good for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
          Your picture does not show the rear body so I can't tell for certain but it appears to be a regular 4-door sedan and not the Land Cruiser. More pictures?
          It does appear to be the regular 'six window' design.

Craig

Comment

Thanks for your info. Here are some more pitcures.
            Attached Files

Comment

Joe, thanks for making the attempt to save this car. For me, I am too old, and the location is too far. But, from the pics, it appears that the car is certainly on the edge between restorable and a parts car. My thinking, is that ideally, someone in dry Arizona or California will accept the challenge and restore it. At least, in such an arid area, the deterioration could be slowed if an immediate restoration is not possible.

Please, just don't get in a huff, storm away, and junk the car if it turns out to not be a valuable as you could be hoping. It is important to know, that "Rare" does not equate "Valuable." Popularity, trumps rare, and Talent (of the restorer) can enhance value. But, many of these cars end up as a "labor of love," by someone who's passion is ignited by the car that attracts their attention. Having it end up as "VALUABLE," is often the most "RARE" aspect of such an endeavor.

Again, thanks for the effort.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                It is a '34. Being an Eight it may be a Commander or President. The small tag on the cowl would tell you. If it starts with the letter B it would be a Commander and a C a President. You refer to it as a Land Cruiser but that name was reserved for the aerodynamic style body shown below. Your picture does not show the rear body so I can't tell for certain but it appears to be a regular 4-door sedan and not the Land Cruiser. More pictures?.
                So Richard,

It sounds like what you're saying is that both Commanders and Presidents were available as Land Cruiser models in '34. Is that correct? It seems like this could be something I've seen or heard somewhere before, but has since escaped my memory banks, at some point?

Thanks,

Mark
                sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
                  So Richard,

It sounds like what you're saying is that both Commanders and Presidents were available as Land Cruiser models in '34. Is that correct? It seems like this could be something I've seen or heard somewhere before, but has since escaped my memory banks, at some point?

Thanks,

Mark
                  Yes, that is correct. The Land Cruiser body was available on all three chassis in '34 including the Dictator. Same was true for '35. I did a rather comprehensive article on this series for the December 2002 issue of Collectible Automobile magazine. These are available on Ebay.
                  Richard Quinn
                  Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Working...
                  X