Save a Studebaker from the Scrapper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save a Studebaker from the Scrapper

The scrapper is coming soon for this one. Still time to save it. Its not just trying help out a fellow owner.

Mike
    Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

One year only integrated heating/defrost/AC system is probably worth the price of picking it up...

Comment

Please tell me someone saved this, if not for the luggage rack and a/c unit. You know someone down the road with a 61' is going to want that a/c unit. If I could figure out how to drag it from Texas to Oregon on a ridiculously cheap budget it would be here. Though I am also sure the person would NOT appreciate the low ball offer I would have in mind just to not end up on the couch.
      1947 Studebaker M-5
      1946 Studebaker M-5
      1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
      1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
      1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

I believe at this point the seller will consider any offer at all. It had to be removed from home property first to save fines and now from present storage asap.
        Mike
        Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Originally posted by Silverplate View Post
          I believe at this point the seller will consider any offer at all. It had to be removed from home property first to save fines and now from present storage asap.
          I was looking at around $100 (major low ball) as it would probably cost well over $800 just to get it shipped. I am not at that age where I can afford this hobby anymore and with three Studebakers always screaming for attention. At the very least someone near buy should at least negotiate being able to spend a day pulling parts for future members to use.
          1947 Studebaker M-5
          1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

[QUOTE=61LaRk4dr;1071274]I was looking at around $100 (major low ball) as it would probably cost well over $800 just to get it shipped. I am not at that age where I can afford this hobby anymore and with three Studebakers always screaming for attention. At the very least someone near buy should at least negotiate being able to spend a day pulling parts for future members to use.[/QUOT

Talked to the owner today, 100 bucks will probably take it. It's got just a few days of life left.
            Mike
            Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

That combined Heating and Air Cond. System is PRICELESS, Very Rare!
              It could be fitted to any '61 to '66 Lark or Lark Type.

AND, it appears to be a V8 Overdrive REGAL Wagon!
              The Oil Bath Air Cleaner looks like one for a WCFB 4 Barrel.

I never could understand after designing and producing it, WHY would you Kill it?
              They LAWYERED UP?

Possible asphyxiation? Frozen Teeth? Cracked Skin, Fire, Explosion, What?

WHERE is Barry Hackney when you need him? SOMEBODY needs to save this thing.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 09-08-2017, 12:04 AM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

[QUOTE=Silverplate;1072656]
                Originally posted by 61LaRk4dr View Post
                I was looking at around $100 (major low ball) as it would probably cost well over $800 just to get it shipped. I am not at that age where I can afford this hobby anymore and with three Studebakers always screaming for attention. At the very least someone near buy should at least negotiate being able to spend a day pulling parts for future members to use.[/QUOT

Talked to the owner today, 100 bucks will probably take it. It's got just a few days of life left.
                Well that makes it sting even more. Even with a $100 deal there is still the issue of getting it over to Oregon for under $500 or so. There must be someone else between Texas and Oregon that can salvage the parts and at the very least turn a profit parting the wagon out. At least a better fate than just being shredded. I am not sure how savvy the scrap yard would be in pulling the parts before crushing the body. Seems only about a couple of months ago someone was searching for the rare AC unit for there 1961 project. No one in Texas can provide room?
                1947 Studebaker M-5
                1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

So, what happened to it?

Comment

Working...
                  X