53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Boy, that is nice! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I saved that one on my eBay watch list this morning when I saw it. I am curious what it might sell for, assuming the reserve price is met. It has a six cylinder in it which will depress the price a bit but it sure it nicely done. I really like the floor shifted 4-speed.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
        I saved that one on my eBay watch list this morning when I saw it. I am curious what it might sell for, assuming the reserve price is met. It has a six cylinder in it which will depress the price a bit but it sure it nicely done. I really like the floor shifted 4-speed.
        That's two banks on that engine. It's a V8 not a six. Guess that ups the ante. Nice truck!

Comment

It's listed as a '62, has '60 vent grills, and a '64 plate on the front bumper. Someone is confused. I see hanging pedals, so my money is on 1964, which means the bed MAY not be original, either. I know, I'm picking at nits...it's a nice truck!
          Mike Davis
          Regional Manager, North Carolina
          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

This IS a very nice looking Truck.

What I got really curious about is that the Stainless Dual Exhaust System obviously a Silvertone, has the Left Tail Pipe routed crossing over IN FRONT of the Diff.

All of them I have seen are always BEHIND the Diff.

Of course I know how these are routed, the Left Pipe always exits on the RIGHT and the Right on the Left and mufflers standing on their side, all that is normal on a Stude. Truck.

The only thing different about this Truck is that it has the Rare on a Champ, and almost useless as a Truck, SHORT BED (112 W/B), so maybe THAT is the difference? Without the TWO Piece Driveshaft that could make it possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	62 Exhaust System.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1716124 Click image for larger version

Name:	62 Exhaust System1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1716125 The Text even mentions a '64, "restorded", so this must be a 8E7-112, or is Now.

And I see that the corrugated bed FLOOR has been covered with Flat Steel?
            Last edited by StudeRich; 08-29-2017, 11:39 AM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
              That's two banks on that engine. It's a V8 not a six. Guess that ups the ante. Nice truck!
              Oops! T.J., you are right. I was looking at a total of 3 Champ trucks on eBay this morning and I guess I got this one confused with another one. Yes, that makes this truck that much more appealing. Anyone care to guess where the reserve is on it?
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                This IS a very nice looking Truck.

What I got really curious about is that the Stainless Dual Exhaust System obviously a Silvertone, has the Tail Pipes routed IN FRONT of the Diff.

All of them I have seen are always BEHIND the Diff.

Of course I know how these are routed, the Left Pipe always exits on the RIGHT and the Right on the Left and mufflers standing on their side, all that is normal on a Stude. Truck.

The only thing different about this Truck is that it has the Rare on a Champ, and almost useless as a Truck, SHORT BED (112 W/B), so maybe THAT is the difference?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66595[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]66596[/ATTACH] The Text even mentions a '64, so this must be a 8E7-112 or is Now.

And I see that the corrugated bed FLOOR has been replaced with Flat Steel.
                StudeRich, I have the 6 1/2' bed on my Champ truck and is far from useless. With no wheel wells in the bed I can easily lay sheet goods flat. I have carried 14' long deck boards in the back with no problem. I just have to remember to tack a red flag on the end of the boards. I really don't miss an 8' bed.
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

If we are picking nits, is that the correct steering wheel?
                  Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                  50 Champion 2 door*
                  53 Commander K Auto*
                  53 Commander K overdrive*
                  55 President Speedster
                  62 GT 4Speed*
                  63 Avanti R1*
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
                    Nope. But it's a NICE steering wheel!
                    Mike Davis
                    Regional Manager, North Carolina
                    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Yes, LOTS of "Changes".

This appears to be a "Built" Truck from many pieces that did come together nicely.
                      I guess after 50 Years we can't expect them ALL to be original, especially Trucks that might have been quite well used.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
                        Correct for 4 and 5 speed transmission equipped Champs.

Comment

Truck was for sale back in June on the Bay - VIN indicates it started life as a '63 8E7.

Comment

Working...
                          X