Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 Studebaker

1966 proposed model.
    http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1112229_1960s-american-dream-cars-wow-crowds-at-tony-pebble-beach-concours

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sceptre_17_1000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	1716003What happened to the fantastic triangular wheel covers that were originally fitted?
    Last edited by bezhawk; 08-22-2017, 06:36 AM.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

And they call it a 1962 Studebaker Sceptre...
      sigpic

Comment

If Sonya hits the big lottery, the next day I'm contracting a fabricator to build one of these....I've always loved this car.
        Mike Sal

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]66406[/ATTACH]What happened to the fantastic triangular wheel covers that were originally fitted?
          Good question Brad. When was the switch to those Chinese knock offs made? I think someone at the SNM has some splainin' to do Lucy!!!!!
          JS
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

LarkTruck Maybe but the guy that made off with them says they look great on his lark. HA HA

Comment

I've asked this question before....what vehicle do you think would be a good donor for construction of a tribute Scepter? A mid-60's plymouth? If a close front glass & side door windows could be located, the rest could be fabricated.
              Mike Sal

Comment

Mike I would think you would have to piece meal it from a lot of different cars and it would be one big job. Not that it couldn't be done.

Comment

A big job, yes. I have my own machine shop & can fabricate about anything.....we're just one lucky lottery ticket away from starting......
                  Mike Sal

Comment

I see the rear quarter panels, sloping trunk lid and rear roof pillar resembling the 69 Chevy Impala design. Wonder how
                    Chevy came up with that?

Comment

Something about it reminds me of the 1963 Plymouth Fury. If it was built in 1962 the front and rear glass are likely 62 lark or hawk and the side glass is flat, very easy. It's a simple enough design you could mock it up in fiberglass around a 62 hawk chassis. You could also pull molds off the original if you could get ahold of it, but that's not likely.

Comment

I don't think there is a single piece of carry over parts from the Studebaker parts bins in the exterior of this car. The side glass is curved, so a donor would have to be from '65 or newer.

If I remember correctly, wasn't it built in Italy by a custom shop that specialized in show cars. I need to find that article from an old TW to re-remember all this stuff.....anyone know which issue it was? It would sure be fantastic if the shop were still around & still had drawings or reference material.

Comment

The Sceptre was built in Turin by Sibona-Basano.
                          Here is a nice article about it:https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2016/0...ve-studebaker/
                          Unfortunately, they closed their doors in 1966. More about them here, but, sorry it is in German:https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrozzeria_Sibona-Basano
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X