Rock Auto, accurate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pepse View Post
    Well, I am glad I held off from ordering from anyone yet. I will definitely look to see which distributor it has. I will more than likely go with a Stude vendor. /Cut/
    OK good, just remember what the last sentence says in post #12, get the CD or Book Copy of your car's Chassis and Body Parts Catalogs, the CD also has the Shop Manual.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Chassis and body parts catalogs?? Why? I am familiar with getting a shop manual from when I had Ford Capris and Mercury Capris but chassis and body parts catalogs? I have no objection just curious as to why.

Later. Pepse.
      Remember. ALWAYS fasten your seat belts as it makes it harder for the Aliens to suck you out of your car.

Comment

Because when working on or restoring a Studebaker and buying PARTS, fitting different years together etc. etc. it is ALL about the PARTS.

All the install sequence, (relationship to each other) shape, look of the parts, pictures, correct Part Name are clearly shown, important for assembling, ordering and the Picture Numbers direct you to the Part Numbers for each Part, VERY well written and well illustrated.

All of the Studebaker Vendors use the Studebaker Factory Part Numbers, not their OWN various numbers as all the aftermarket Big Three Parts Co's. do.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

To add to what Rich said: Studebaker's parts books seem to be unique, in that they list EVERY part, including nuts and bolts, and also have excellent illustrations of exploded views, again showing virtually every part. In some ways, they are more useful than the shop manual. I have parts books for all my old GM cars, but they are often more confusing than helpful. Studebaker's parts books are truly a useful resource.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Sounds great, I will look into getting the books as soon as I can.

Thanks. Pepse.
            Remember. ALWAYS fasten your seat belts as it makes it harder for the Aliens to suck you out of your car.

Comment

I've always been pleased with Rock Auto, BUT I've never ordered Studebaker stuff from them. I prefer to patronize "our" unique vendors so they can continue producing/selling the really odd-ball stuff we need.

Comment

I also have a 57 scotsman. RockAuto has been pretty much 100% when I order 57 champion parts. Also, there was a huge difference when I switched to electronic ignition; that was better than any tune up. Rock auto sells the conversion module.

Comment

dmackenzie,

i noticed an electronic ignition setup. But, for now (and maybe always) I will stick with the original stuff. Some of why I wanted an old car is because of the simplicity compared to today's computerized vehicles. But at least I have good opinions for Rock Auto when dealing with the Classics.

Thank you. Pepse.

Comment

Working...
                  X