No announcement yet.

Packard Hawk Appreciation from AutoWeek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't the dashboards for Hawks also fiberglass under the turned aluminum?

Comment

Aren't the dashboards for Hawks also fiberglass under the turned aluminum?

Comment

Sorry about that..retyped the link

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

Sorry about that..retyped the link

Comment

In the Cars that Matter Price Guide produced by our friend Dave Kinney, a Concourse Quality 58 P-H has avalue of$53.5K and his#2 which is most people's #1 is $41.2K. Anxious to see what this on egoes for.

See you in the future as I write about our past
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

In the Cars that Matter Price Guide produced by our friend Dave Kinney, a Concourse Quality 58 P-H has avalue of$53.5K and his#2 which is most people's #1 is $41.2K. Anxious to see what this on egoes for.

Comment

If you search Barrett-Jacksons website, this car was in their Scottsdale Auction in 2005 and went for 39500...

Comment

If you search Barrett-Jacksons website, this car was in their Scottsdale Auction in 2005 and went for 39500...

Comment

Interesting to see if it has appreciated any more in the last 3 years.

Comment

Interesting to see if it has appreciated any more in the last 3 years.

Comment

There are a lot of errors in this article. I love where he claims there are about 100 of these cars left. Strange since I can name where 248 are and that is not all by a long shot. The car was originally referred to as "Hurley's Hawk" by the guys on the assembly line. They were not real happy to have to pull other things aside to assemble a Packard Hawk when one came down the line. So they tended to call them Hurley Hawks, not as an affectionate term.

Mike
                        www.packardhawk.com

Comment

There are a lot of errors in this article. I love where he claims there are about 100 of these cars left. Strange since I can name where 248 are and that is not all by a long shot. The car was originally referred to as "Hurley's Hawk" by the guys on the assembly line. They were not real happy to have to pull other things aside to assemble a Packard Hawk when one came down the line. So they tended to call them Hurley Hawks, not as an affectionate term.

Mike
                          www.packardhawk.com

Comment

I agree with you, MikeW. The writer of this article has done next to zero research and knows not what he is talking about. There are more errors in the piece than there are facts.
                            I'm not sure that exposure of this kind is actually a good thing.

Comment

I agree with you, MikeW. The writer of this article has done next to zero research and knows not what he is talking about. There are more errors in the piece than there are facts.
                              I'm not sure that exposure of this kind is actually a good thing.

Comment

By the way, there were no Packard Hawks painted Black and Red from the factory. Parade red was available only with Parchment White as a two tone or solid Parade Red as a solid color. The code for this car was P5856 which is Shadowtone Red Metallic base color and Parchment White top color.

Mike
                                www.packardhawk.com

Comment

Working...
                                X