Tie that car down tight....!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tie that car down tight....!

You won't believe this. Guy lost his Mustang off a trailer on I-95 and didn't know it! Check out this thread:http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=362240#362240

It may not have Studebaker content, but we all can use a reminder of safe towing rules, and common sense, now and then.

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Yeah, and I can't believe they found it weeks later--relatively unscathed. Sounds fishy to me.[B)]

Mark Anderson
    Member SDC and FMCA
    Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
    http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
    Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

Yeah, and I can't believe they found it weeks later--relatively unscathed. Sounds fishy to me.[B)]

Mark Anderson
      Member SDC and FMCA
      Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
      http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
      Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

I'm sorry, but that thing would have to have levitatied off the trailer for them not to have heard one HECK of a noise when it slipped off![B)]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'm sorry, but that thing would have to have levitatied off the trailer for them not to have heard one HECK of a noise when it slipped off![B)]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hard to believe, but this is a true story:

In the late 70s a guy I raced against had left the races and stopped at a local tavern with a few other racers. He towed his car with a big old utility truck and open trailer. He obviously had too many when he left the bar. Next morning a Trooper woke him up with a knock on the door, asking him if he was missing a race car... turns out the hitch broke off the truck, and the trailer and car went off the road and into a front porch about 20 miles from his home! He wasn't embarrassed that he never realized he lost it, or that everyone picked on him about it, but that it took so long for the State Police to figure out where he was, even though his name was clearly displayed on the car![:I][B)]

You'd have to be REALLY out of it not to know you lost your car and trailer; but that probably made less LESS noise than losing a car off a trailer[:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Hard to believe, but this is a true story:

In the late 70s a guy I raced against had left the races and stopped at a local tavern with a few other racers. He towed his car with a big old utility truck and open trailer. He obviously had too many when he left the bar. Next morning a Trooper woke him up with a knock on the door, asking him if he was missing a race car... turns out the hitch broke off the truck, and the trailer and car went off the road and into a front porch about 20 miles from his home! He wasn't embarrassed that he never realized he lost it, or that everyone picked on him about it, but that it took so long for the State Police to figure out where he was, even though his name was clearly displayed on the car![:I][B)]

You'd have to be REALLY out of it not to know you lost your car and trailer; but that probably made less LESS noise than losing a car off a trailer[:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Joe, that is one wacky story.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                53 Starliner Hardtop
                Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Joe, that is one wacky story.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                  53 Starliner Hardtop
                  Newton Grove, NC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fastfritz

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought of this:

[xx(][xx(]

Frank Remlinger
                    SDC# A004602R
                    [:0] OMIGOSH, Frank; when did that Corvette accident occur? Man, that car is seriously damaged in many ways; couldn't have been much worse. (But I'm sure it will be repaired and may even get done in time for Barrett-Jackson!) BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fastfritz

[xx(][xx(]

Frank Remlinger
                      SDC# A004602R
                      [:0] OMIGOSH, Frank; when did that Corvette accident occur? Man, that car is seriously damaged in many ways; couldn't have been much worse. (But I'm sure it will be repaired and may even get done in time for Barrett-Jackson!) BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

[xx(][xx(]

Frank Remlinger
                        SDC# A004602R
                        Frank Remlinger
                        Detroit, Michigan
                        SDC# A004602R

Comment

[xx(][xx(]

Frank Remlinger
                          SDC# A004602R
                          Frank Remlinger
                          Detroit, Michigan
                          SDC# A004602R

Comment

Bob: If there is ever a photo to go with the word "S***" it's that one!

Studedude1961
                            --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Bob: If there is ever a photo to go with the word "S***" it's that one!

Studedude1961
                              --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X