Took the China car to a show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the China car to a show

It is a invention only show at Saint Joe, Mi. Son James 111 and I took the 24 light 6 "China car" for the Studebaker National Museum. Also there were a 63 Avanti, a GT hawk, a 64 hard top and a 31 President owned by Herb Reed of Valparaiso, In. Herb drove the 31 2 1/2 hours to the show. Herb is 91 years old. Was good to see him and his wife. Jim
    Last edited by DieselJim; 08-16-2017, 12:14 PM. Reason: Get correct city

I love the look of the China car.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Also a 50 star lite coupe.

Comment

I musta missed something, a CHINA Car? Is this a Toy made of China with 24 Lights?

You South Benders gotta share some of these Local "Secrets" with those West of the Rockies now and then.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I'm guessin' it's a 1924 Light 6. Don't know where the "China" comes from. Maybe it was exported to China at one time?
          Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Hey Jim, you forgot to post the picture.
            Dan

Comment

Originally posted by ivorydan View Post
              Dan
              Didn't take any pictures. I do have a picture of the car some where. Will post if I can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                I musta missed something, a CHINA Car? Is this a Toy made of China with 24 Lights?

You South Benders gotta share some of these Local "Secrets" with those West of the Rockies now and then.
                The 24 light 6 chassie was exported to Shanghai, China where the Shanghai Horse and Auto Bazaar hand made a all aluminum coupe body on it. Hope I got the facts right.

Comment

My posting had more to do with 91 year old Herb Reed driving his original 31 President 2 1/2 hours to the show. Back in the late 60's, there was a picture of Herb and Harry Barns with their 42 Presidents side by side at South Bend.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
                    My posting had more to do with 91 year old Herb Reed driving his original 31 President 2 1/2 hours to the show. Back in the late 60's, there was a picture of Herb and Harry Barns with their 42 Presidents side by side at South Bend.
                    I've tried to run up with Herb at the last couple of South Bend meets, but have never been able to. Glad he's still doing well!

As you already know, the '38 has been living the retired life in Florida for the last 20 years or so. I'm betting Herb still has the '42.

Comment

So, it got Shanghai'd?

Comment

Originally posted by ivorydan View Post
                        Dan
                        Photos here:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=BAZAAR

Craig

Comment

Pictures aren't working for me. I get that third party hosting message. I do remember a discussion of the car from the past post.
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Try this:
                            http://www.velocityjournal.com/image...ar70370025.jpg
                            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Is this the same car that George Goodrich had in his garage in California for many years?
                              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
                              10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                              10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
                              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
                              56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
                              60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Working...
                              X