Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonneville 2017 - Studebakers

From earlier today at Bonneville...
    'Nuff said... (Don't give us any crap about what is under the hood... Just enjoy this
    ...)

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for posting these, Jeff. Those mile markers sure to come by might quick at 200+mph! Have you heard anything about the condition of the salt this year. The three videos you posted make it look pretty good.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Wow! What a post and thanks for putting us on board with Andy. Hearty congratulations to him.
          What is his power plant?
          Bill

Comment

Salt looks in good condition considering all the rain Utah has gotten this year. Car looks to handle well and stable. Good speed on the second run considering the engine had a slight high speed miss. I wish I was there.
            james r pepper

Comment

Great Videos,,

Thanks so much..!!

Comment

Thanx, that's COOL ! ! !
                (I'm such a sucker from films from inside a reacer...)

Comment

Isn't that the old Guam Bomb?
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                    Wow! What a post and thanks for putting us on board with Andy. Hearty congratulations to him.
                    What is his power plant?
                    Bill
                    I don't know what engine is being used, but from the number on the side of the car it is running in E/CBGAlt. Basically as follows: E= engine size ( 184 to 260 cu.in) C=Classic that is American coupes and sedans from 1928 to 1981. B=blown G=Gasoline only Alt=Altered. Fairly minor body modifications.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Apparently Jim Lange still has engine issues and had to pack up and leave for Illinois...
                      Here's a note Dave Bloomberg posted on FaceBook...
                      (copy)
                      Dave Bloomberg
                      3 hrs ยท
                      Today Wed August 16th I just got off the phone talking to Jim Lange at Bonneville after his run today, he said the salt course was good but he could not get boost over 20 lbs,& engine got hot and could only get 181 mph out of it, and they may have blown a head gasket so they are done and heading home today. We all need to recognize what Jim has accomplished in his 25 or more years of racing, he still holds the record for D/CBGALT at over 223 mph and just consider what he has accomplished and how much he treated me like a brother and gave me good advice on my racing plus he was my engine builder for my Avanti Studebaker engine too, so, at this point Jim can leave with his head held high and like me left racing with us safe and sound, so I say to my very best friend, Jim you did very well going down that salt course and the Lord above protected you, now enjoy your family and retirement, best wished your friend Dave.

Jeff

Comment

One more.....

Jeff

Comment

Did anyone else notice that his low oil pressure warning light was on after the run? Only went off when he revved it.
                          Last edited by SilverHawkDan; 08-16-2017, 09:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Great videos! Thanks Jeff! The 53 Studie body is still the ticket at Bonne isn't it? What a wonderful design!
                            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Well I wasn't there this year, but based on discussions with several people that are there and listening to the internet broadcast the surface was rough and not real hard. When you hit a soft spot with one rear tire you start to go sideways and perhaps spin. I didn't spin but started to go sideways at about 165 mph last time I was there. (That does get your attention.) There were many spins this year. When the salt is hard and smooth you can turn out off the course anywhere. This year it was so rough they had to drag a number of turnout spots along the course.

And yes that Studebaker used to be known by the Guam Bomb.
                              David L

Comment

Working...
                              X