Studebaker Brougham at Martin's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Brougham at Martin's

This Brougham is available for the next auction at Martin's. I'm not sure if it's the spring auction in Penn or the CA auction. I can ask Pam if anyone is interested.

Not a very good picture. Pam has promised to ask the owner for a better one. This vehicle should go from a grand to ten grand depending upon the condition. Even in the fuzzy picture it appears to be in fairly good condition.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Ron,

Their website did not shed any light on this. Can you get more info?

Gary

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Ron,

Their website did not shed any light on this. Can you get more info?

Gary

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

Now Guido... you're supposed to be reducing your inventory. Arent you? Just kidding.

Here's the text of Pam's message:
        quote:Surprise! I can't believe it but I received a contract for a Studebaker Brougham today for our April auction. The photo I received isn't a very good one, I am going to try to get a better one from the owner but I've attached what I received for you. If I receive a better photo I will forward it to you.
        Warm regards,
        Pam
        Martin Auctioneers, Inc
        12 North Railroad Ave: PO Box 99
        New Holland, PA 17557
        Phone: 717-354-6671 Fax: 717 354 8248
        Keep in mind this is a high-end vehicle. It's coachman driven and quite heavy. Still, it can be pulled by a single coach (read that smart looking LARGE) horse. A pair of somewhat smaller or finer horses look quite smart to it also. The Brougham was a very popular 'gentleman's or doctor's' vehicle of the nineteenth century because it was inexpensive to turn out yet elegant. They're extremely manoeverable and due to a fully under-cut carriage (chassis to you car people) and low centre of gravity they're very stable. It would be very handy for that wedding where the weather didn't cooperate.

Here's the flyer:

Lotsa Larks!
        Ron Smith
        Ron Smith

Comment

Now Guido... you're supposed to be reducing your inventory. Arent you? Just kidding.

Here's the text of Pam's message:
          quote:Surprise! I can't believe it but I received a contract for a Studebaker Brougham today for our April auction. The photo I received isn't a very good one, I am going to try to get a better one from the owner but I've attached what I received for you. If I receive a better photo I will forward it to you.
          Warm regards,
          Pam
          Martin Auctioneers, Inc
          12 North Railroad Ave: PO Box 99
          New Holland, PA 17557
          Phone: 717-354-6671 Fax: 717 354 8248
          Keep in mind this is a high-end vehicle. It's coachman driven and quite heavy. Still, it can be pulled by a single coach (read that smart looking LARGE) horse. A pair of somewhat smaller or finer horses look quite smart to it also. The Brougham was a very popular 'gentleman's or doctor's' vehicle of the nineteenth century because it was inexpensive to turn out yet elegant. They're extremely manoeverable and due to a fully under-cut carriage (chassis to you car people) and low centre of gravity they're very stable. It would be very handy for that wedding where the weather didn't cooperate.

Here's the flyer:

Lotsa Larks!
          Ron Smith
          Ron Smith

Comment

Well at least it is on the proper coast. May be worth going up to take a look if for no other reason than to meet people in the trade.

Comment

Well at least it is on the proper coast. May be worth going up to take a look if for no other reason than to meet people in the trade.

Comment

quote:Well at least it is on the proper coast. May be worth going up to take a look if for no other reason than to meet people in the trade.
                Actually, when it comes to horse-drawn vehicles, you are on the best coast. The selection has always been best in the east coast area. Most of the best companies for maintenance and repair, harness, and the many necessary accoutrements of carriage driving are in your area. That is to say, in a two hundred mile radius of where you're located. Whilst you're up there in Lebanon PA, stop by the Smucker's harness shop. They're the best for that kind of thing. They also always have a deal for first timers available.

Honestly though, Guido, you need a two-wheeled carriage to start off with. That is to say, if you ever intend to use them. A nice Road Cart or Gig would be a great, worry-free, beginner's vehicle. There's nothing nicer than enjoying a quiet drive on a country road with an equine friend. Try it, you just might get hiched, I mean, hooked.

Lotsa Larks!
                Ron Smith
                Ron Smith

Comment

quote:Well at least it is on the proper coast. May be worth going up to take a look if for no other reason than to meet people in the trade.
                  Actually, when it comes to horse-drawn vehicles, you are on the best coast. The selection has always been best in the east coast area. Most of the best companies for maintenance and repair, harness, and the many necessary accoutrements of carriage driving are in your area. That is to say, in a two hundred mile radius of where you're located. Whilst you're up there in Lebanon PA, stop by the Smucker's harness shop. They're the best for that kind of thing. They also always have a deal for first timers available.

Honestly though, Guido, you need a two-wheeled carriage to start off with. That is to say, if you ever intend to use them. A nice Road Cart or Gig would be a great, worry-free, beginner's vehicle. There's nothing nicer than enjoying a quiet drive on a country road with an equine friend. Try it, you just might get hiched, I mean, hooked.

Lotsa Larks!
                  Ron Smith
                  Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
                  X