No announcement yet.

How Did They Miss That?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much gear oil did you loose? It isn't at the bottom of the transmission, but it has a gasket on the outer housing for a reason...

Comment

Not enough gear oil loss to warrant topping it up. I did not go far.
      mbstude, I'll call you on monday for the pinion gear. Glad you have one.
      Thanks.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Like StudeRich stated, I don;t like other places working on my cars and when they do, I don't like them out of my sight.

I take NOTHING for granted and assume they screwed up SOMETHING.

A shop I had thought was reputable had a 1969 Camaro (all numbers matching 396 4 speed) in for a clutch replacement. They let their cheap labor work on it and didn't double check his work. They were test driving it when one of the pressure plate bolts came loose, as busted THROUGH the aluminum bell housing (also specific to THAT car) and blew through the floor board to embed itself in the bottom of the dash in the passenger side footwell.

That was a VERY stupid mistake on their part and VERY expensive. The kid was let go the same day and they spent at least another month locating correct parts and having body work and repairs done up to par.

Just last month, I had my minivan in the dealership for some repairs. I noticed this weekend that I am now missing 4 of the 6 screws that hold on the cowl piece in front of the windshield. Now I need to scrutinize the work a bit more and take it back to them to complain........
        Dis-Use on a Car is Worse Than Mis-Use...
        1959 Studebaker Lark VIII 2DHTP

Comment

You got an old pair of glasses? take them to the mechanics and ask if they need to borrow them? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
            You got an old pair of glasses? take them to the mechanics and ask if they need to borrow them? LOL
            They were really good about it when I went there and told them what happened. No excuses. Just a sincere apology and an offer to pay for the lost pinion gear. They really are a good group of mechanics there who have always done a good job and been reasonably priced. I think they were sufficiently embarrassed by this. I suspect they will be EXTRA careful in the future. They don't want to ruin their reputation or their relationship with me. I did get a good chuckle out of it.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
            X