Toy museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy museum

Jim Geary has been collecting toys since he was a boy in 1950. The fascination and hobby that has stuck with him throughout his life all started with a 1911 Rolls Royce model car kit. “I’m from Latrobe, Pennsylvania, and when we had our Centennial in town, there was a parade with antique...

Robert Kapteyn

Jim Geary has a great collection of Studebaker toys and his dream was to open a museum Good Luck Jim and Sandy

Joe Parsons

Comment

Thanks for posting. Many of us, in the quad state region of N.C., S.C., Ga., & Tenn., (and beyond) have known Jim For years. A very friendly fellow, and the "go-to guy, for any miniaturized, Toy, promotional, (Studebaker and others) items. While such things are his specialty, his knowledge is broader, respected, and valued. Since he moved to the mountains, I have threatened to visit, but life has kept getting in my way and saved him from such pestering.

Depending on which trail I choose, between us, is some of the best motorcycle riding routes in the nation! My usual riding buds, & I, keep challenging each other to come up with routes & destinations of interest. They mostly come up with some kind of restaurant. For me, I can only take so much BBQ, burgers, or chicken.

A ride to this destination could provide an opportunity to experience a usual roadside meal, but add a memorable trip back into our childhood, with enough Eye Candy to last for years!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
      X