Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'63 Bulletnose Lark "Suwannee Sightseeing & Cab" car - Restoration finished today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 Bulletnose Lark "Suwannee Sightseeing & Cab" car - Restoration finished today

Stephen spent the last 3 days laboring over an extensive restoration of his favorite car. The sheetmetal was sanded down with 40 grit and a grinder (for the tough spots), and topped off with a can of NOS Studebaker Amazon Green enamel. New wheels, tires, hubcaps, seats, and carpet, and she's ready for her debut.

Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	1755478

Name:	01.jpg
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	1755477

Name:	09.jpg
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	1755485

Name:	08.jpg
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1755484

Name:	07.jpg
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1755483

Name:	06.jpg
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1755482

Name:	05.jpg
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	1755481

Name:	04.jpg
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	1755480

Name:	03.jpg
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	1755479

Name:	10.jpg
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1755486
    Last edited by mbstude; 08-10-2017, 01:44 PM.

Here's a before picture for comparison.

Name:	Screenshot_2017-05-06-20-06-44-1.jpg
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1715887

Comment

The yellow wheels are really the finishing touch. Now take this thing to the golf course and show folks what a real golf cart looks like.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Hope it has twin traction or it is going to be a trench-digging machine from green to green... Will AC be a future upgrade - it does get pretty humid in that part of the world.

Comment

Without the "before" picture I had some concerns. After seeing what there was to start with, those concerns were confirmed. As a restoration mechanic, this creator would make a good plumber, or dog walker...................lol.
          If we can't have fun.....what's left? Good job on your, ah, transportmobile thingy.
          sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
          1950 Champion Convertible
          1950 Champion 4Dr
          1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
          1957 Thunderbird

Comment

A good reference on the fit of a 1961 hood to a '62 - '63 grille panel.
            (Once I was looking at a '63 Daytona hardtop that obviously had a '61 hood. The seller claimed the car was 100% original and that was just the way they matched up.)

Comment

Matt, that is awesome. I especially like the Jim Beam factory windshield washer bottle on the dash. As far as I recall, the best 18 holes of golf I ever played was while consuming a six pack. Never had lower scores before or after.
              Last edited by studefan; 08-10-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

That thing takes the Term "Rat Rod" to a whole New Level!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Uber as a second career?

Comment

Nice, even a deluxe steering wheel and overdrive.

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    That thing takes the Term "Rat Rod" to a whole New Level!
                    Since you like rat rods and Bullet Noses..

Comment

Dem boys Stephen Cade and Matt Burnett are not just exactly correct. Too much Kool Ade or not nuf Gatorade. You guys are having way too much fun and I want it to stop, right now! Unless I get a ride.
                      Kim

Comment

I like it Matt, but I cant help but think that the rear half of a Dodge/Champ bed would look great on there....although the rear visibility may be hindered by the over width bed.
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Matt, Now I know you Florida guys have waaay too much spare time on your hands. The Jim Beam bottle holder is a nice touch.
                          Enjoy your ride!!
                          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                            Will AC be a future upgrade - it does get pretty humid in that part of the world.
                            It had AC at one point, but not any longer. We have no plans of putting it back on; we wouldn't want to be frivolous.

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                            Matt, that is awesome. I especially like the Jim Beam factory windshield washer bottle on the dash.
                            I was wondering if someone would notice that. We need to get a long curvy straw so you don't have to take your hands off the wheel to have a drink.

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                            Nice, even a deluxe steering wheel and overdrive.
                            Well, it did, until someone sold the OD solenoid.

Originally posted by kamzack View Post
                            Dem boys Stephen Cade and Matt Burnett are not just exactly correct. Too much Kool Ade or not nuf Gatorade. You guys are having way too much fun and I want it to stop, right now! Unless I get a ride.
                            Kim, don't just blame me and Stephen.. Derwood got in on it too. But you can ride in it anytime. You can even drive it. Just find your way to Florida sometime. We're hosting the Southeast Zone Meet in April, and you bet this car will be there. You should come on down.

In all seriousness... Stephen has a little house along the Suwannee River. For the last few years, this car has stayed there and has been his weekend transportation. The house was flooded last year during a hurricane, and has since been remodeled. It was decided that since the house is looking so nice, the car needed to be brought up to the same standard. We've all had a lot of fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                              You can even drive it. Just find your way to Florida sometime. We're hosting the Southeast Zone Meet in April, and you bet this car will be there.
                              Matt,

Are you going to drive your grandma to church on Sunday in that?

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X