Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'63 Bulletnose Lark "Suwannee Sightseeing & Cab" car - Restoration finished today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a little upset with how very little info is given on the mechanics of this masterpiece!!! hehe
    Supercharged 170 6 cylinder ? Disc Brakes ?
    I'm not much for golf but I would go if that were my golf cart ..
    Love my Lark

Comment

Originally posted by Jett289 View Post
      I'm a little upset with how very little info is given on the mechanics of this masterpiece!!! hehe
      Supercharged 170 6 cylinder ? Disc Brakes ?
      I'm not much for golf but I would go if that were my golf cart ..
      It's an OHV 6 with a 3 speed. Anything more powerful would probably be dangerous. Though we've been talking about swapping in an R1 if the six gives out.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
        Matt,

Are you going to drive your grandma to church on Sunday in that?

Craig
        Believe me! I know his Grandma. She would climb into that thing in the blink of an eye, smiling and waving all the way to Church.
        Neil Thornton

Comment

Wow, what an entertaining thread! I need to take it for a ride next time we're UP there. Is Derwood jealous of the paint job? Enjoy, Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by bill van alstyne View Post
            Is Derwood jealous of the paint job? Enjoy, Bill.
            Or just the rear bumper patina?

Mark
            sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by bill van alstyne View Post
              Is Derwood jealous of the paint job? Enjoy, Bill.
              This car has definitely raised the standard for all of the other cars here.

He can't be jealous since the yellow wheels were his contribution.

Comment

The vinyl lettering came in today. Now we're all official.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20170814_134238.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1715908

Comment

South Bend is beaming with pride and the city officials are gearing up for a resurrection of their auto industry. Truly a slap in the face styling-wise to those "Lambo" golf carts. And as long as you can properly account for the removed pieces it will likely score points with the "green" recycle people too! I just hope the spotted owl people aren't upset about the wooden "trunk." Those OSHA approved fender edges guards show that safety is paramount. Lastly, any Millennial would be thrilled to know that bullet nose has to improve Wi/Fi reception. Will the top be available in different colors?
                  '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

That is a good, multi-purpose vehicle.

There is also room on that wooden rear deck for a couple of Clarke floor buffers so the janitors can use it in the evenings to make the rounds and wax the floors in all the out-buildings and storage sheds after-hours.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                    X