A "Her" or "Him"......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "Her" or "Him"......

Tonight my sister ask me why I refer to my Avanti and my GT Hawk as being a "Her".....because they are so "sexy" was my reply.

She then asked "How do you tell a boy Studebaker from a girl Studebaker".....I don't know? ...just how do you tell the difference?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Trucks are boys.
    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

As much as I like Studebakers they are an "It" to me .. I don't really think of them as a her or him but I do talk to them as I'm driving them . For example going over a high pass I always praise the car or after a lengthy road trip I thank the Studebaker for its part in the trip .
      Love my Lark

Comment

I'll go with the Lompoc contingent, Trucks are boys, cars are girls. Because trucks are burly and built for work, and cars are just built to take care of you.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
          Trucks are boys.
          Unless it is a Honda Ridgeline. I understand it is illegal to put "Truck Nutz" on one.

Comment

If it is content, it's a male.

If it gives you grief, it's likely a female...

That's my story and I'm a-stickin' with it!

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyOne View Post
              If it is content, it's a male.

If it gives you grief, it's likely a female...

That's my story and I'm a-stickin' with it!
              That sounds right to me!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
                Unless it is a Honda Ridgeline. I understand it is illegal to put "Truck Nutz" on one.
                OK. Then, STUDEBAKER trucks are boys.
                Wasn't Chuck Naugles truck named EARL ?
                South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

It's common in my family to refer to most cars with female names.... But the trucks are usually male. The Studebaker sedans I've owned, I definitely thought of as gals. I referred to my '49 Champion sedan as "my fat girlfriend". My '66 Wagonaire was definitely a guy.... and the ladies loved him. Everywhere I drove, guys admired him, but the ladies "oohed" and "aahed" over him. I wish I had a nickle for each time I heard him called "cute" or "darling".
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

This is Martha. I have no idea why she is Martha. Right after buying her I was driving her home on back roads because she had extremely sketchy old tires that were as many cracks as they were rubber, and I was a little anxious about it. The original plan was to buy her, drive a couple blocks over to a tire store and buy new tires and then head home. It was then that I learned that 175 R 15 tires aren't being made for the regular car market anymore, and that 205s won't fit on stock width Stude wheels. So the 60 mile ride home was undertaken along the river roads so I could drive much slower. Halfway through the journey, "c'mon Martha, you can do it." just came out of my mouth, so Martha she is.

12440806_10207594801842093_7910878785796522792_o.jpg
                    Last edited by voxnut; 08-10-2017, 10:06 AM.
                    Dean Seavers
                    Sacramento, CA

Comment

Cats and dogs have names I have never and will never name a car or truck. most of the time as close as I come to naming one it is always the same SOB.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

I agree with you Bob on this one.....
                        Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                        Cats and dogs have names I have never and will never name a car or truck. most of the time as close as I come to naming one it is always the same SOB.
                        Lou Van Anne
                        62 Champ
                        64 R2 GT Hawk
                        79 Avanti II

Comment

Because if it's got wheels or boobs sooner or later it going to give you trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                            I'm with you on this one too Bob; but I usualy leave out the "son of a". I guess that still makes them female; right?
                            sigpic

Comment

As my Scotish pal says: "Studebakers are garuls!" even thou he aint got one, but yeah: for SURE they're females, mine's named Josephine!
                              sigpic

Josephine
                              Champion V8
                              4d sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X