1955 Speedster original Romany Red and Snowcap White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Speedster original Romany Red and Snowcap White

I took this photo at a SDC Zone meet in State College, PA on June 26, 1982. If I recall it was a fresh restoration. Of course the purists were there claiming the color combination was not original. Years later when I was researching for an article I was doing on the Speedster for the magazine Collectible Automobile (Oct 1998) I found that there was indeed a single red and white Speedster finished in this color and it was the very last one assembled, serial 7170791 on Sept 26, 1955. It was a '56 color combination in Romany Red and Snowcap White. I am not certain that this is that very car and was wondering who might own the car and now and how it is holding up after 35 years. Sure looked good back in '82. By the way I do have a second photo of the then owner/restorer (posing with car) who was, I believe, from the Washington D.C. area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo red white 1982 labeled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1755436
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Could it have been this one? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ite-Speedsters

(He states it was restored in 1983, but his date could be off by a year.)

Craig

Comment

I Have a friend who owns one exactly like that. I'll ask about the history..
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Original or not, I like it.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
          I Have a friend who owns one exactly like that. I'll ask about the history..
          And it would be from the right area...
          Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Here is a photo of the owner/restorer taken at the same meet. I checked TW and the meet was not covered in it. If someone has a collection of the Keystone Keynotes from 1982 I am sure the meet was covered there and it would likely include the owners name.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo red white 1982c copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1715821
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

TThe picture is a likeness of Ray Ficthorn, Winston-Salem, NC, who does indeed restore cars. It is not the individual I was referring to.
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
              X