York info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by bams50
    I just wanted to make sure I was staying at the one where the Stude guys have the dancing girls I've heard so much about............
    That was the Motel 6 in South Bend, wrong meet, wrong year.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I just wanted to make sure I was staying at the one where the Stude guys have the dancing girls I've heard so much about............
      That was the Motel 6 in South Bend, wrong meet, wrong year.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I refuse to Google York Pa motels for you.
        Another great benefit of being on dial-up is you can't Google anything without a HUGE wait[xx(]

When I get to my other place with cable I will search for motels.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I refuse to Google York Pa motels for you.
          Another great benefit of being on dial-up is you can't Google anything without a HUGE wait[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Or just show up. I did that one year and ended up with a 2 room suite in the hotel on the hill above the 'Round the Clock Diner for $80 a night. I could have had a party for 50 with plenty of room to spare. I am not sure the place is even open any more.

Comment

Or just show up. I did that one year and ended up with a 2 room suite in the hotel on the hill above the 'Round the Clock Diner for $80 a night. I could have had a party for 50 with plenty of room to spare. I am not sure the place is even open any more.

Comment

I may just do that Gary. But I like the idea of having my room set before I get there if possible, so I don't have to waste Stude time on it

As a bonus, I could price shop and try to act like I'm a cheapskate so I can fit in with what some Stude people like to brag they are- cheap!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I may just do that Gary. But I like the idea of having my room set before I get there if possible, so I don't have to waste Stude time on it

As a bonus, I could price shop and try to act like I'm a cheapskate so I can fit in with what some Stude people like to brag they are- cheap!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

If you are still having trouble finding motel space in the land of plenty of motels (York), I have a contact at the fairgrounds who will be more than happy to provide a livestock pen full of fresh straw for Friday and Saturday night at no cost. The one problem is there is no heat, indoor plumbing and one side is open to the outside aur. If interested just let me know

See you in the future as I write about our past
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

If you are still having trouble finding motel space in the land of plenty of motels (York), I have a contact at the fairgrounds who will be more than happy to provide a livestock pen full of fresh straw for Friday and Saturday night at no cost. The one problem is there is no heat, indoor plumbing and one side is open to the outside aur. If interested just let me know

See you in the future as I write about our past
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

You probably already know, but call the motel directly for your reservation. The central bookings usually add about $10 to the price (and you can sometimes negotiate the price down even more by calling direct).

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                        '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                        '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                        '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                        Museum R-4 engine
                        1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                        1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

You probably already know, but call the motel directly for your reservation. The central bookings usually add about $10 to the price (and you can sometimes negotiate the price down even more by calling direct).

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                          '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                          '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                          Museum R-4 engine
                          1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                          1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

The Best Western is where lots of Stude folks stay, but my bet is that it is booked up by now. The Comfort Inn is good and usually has rooms available later than some other places, probably because it is a little further away. Still it only takes a few minutes to get to the Fair Grounds from there.

Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser

Comment

The Best Western is where lots of Stude folks stay, but my bet is that it is booked up by now. The Comfort Inn is good and usually has rooms available later than some other places, probably because it is a little further away. Still it only takes a few minutes to get to the Fair Grounds from there.

Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser

Comment

[/quote] Or just show up. I did that one year and ended up with a 2 room suite in the hotel on the hill above the 'Round the Clock Diner for $80 a night. I could have had a party for 50 with plenty of room to spare. [/quote]
                                I believe that plav=ce is the Shereton suites, we stay there each year. While not cheap it is comfortable, and quiet.

Comment

Working...
                                X