63 One Ton Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lynn View Post

However, Jack nailed it: "Then, there's the pickup box and canopy, which means there's effectively no way to payload those springs, axle and transmission."
    There is virtually no utilitarian use for this truck.

I have a feeling that suspension would register the 1500# tongue weight of my gooseneck and 1000# tongue weight of my travel trailer... Yeah, I can think of all kinds of utilitarian uses for that truck!
    Besides, if the ride is too rough, a few leaves can be taken out of the springs...
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post

Looking at the underside of this truck, I don't see any rear shocks? However, I know it is a much heavier duty truck than mine, so perhaps someone more versed in the heavier suspensions can explain.
      Realized that no one answered this question. (These are the kind of things I think about around 02:00 AM.) Stude used lever & link shocks on its bigger (1 ton and above) trucks all the way to the end of production. The links are visible in the last picture in Rich's post #4. The shock bodies themselves are mounted to the frame, forward of the rear axle.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
      X