OT Move over Aztec the real uglies are here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Move over Aztec the real uglies are here

Ugly is also in the eye of the beholder and in my eye this thing is right up there with the ugliest vehicles ever produced. I wonder if these stylist/designers are secretly in a competition to see who can create the homliest vehicle on wheels. Since we have an interesting cross section of car people on this newsgroup maybe we can elicit some comments from them re the styling merits of this new Toyota A-Bat (whatever that is?). On a scale of 1-100 with 100 being the most attractive and 1 being the least how would this beast rate? No fair giving minuses. Once we have finished our poll we can forward it to the people at Toyota. While you are at it what living creature do you think this thing most closely resembles?

By the way if you are thinking it might look better from a different angle see additional photos here: http://www.motortrend.com/future/con.../photo_07.html

Richard Quinn
    editor: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

I hate it and they'll sell 40 bajillion of them[}]

Mark Anderson
    Member SDC and FMCA
    Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
    http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
    Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

I hate it and they'll sell 40 bajillion of them[}]

Mark Anderson
      Member SDC and FMCA
      Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
      http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
      Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

Now we know where the guys that used to design Hotwheels cars are working.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Now we know where the guys that used to design Hotwheels cars are working.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I've seen worse.
            Aside from the bass mouth, it reminds me of the Isuzu Vehi-cross stylish SUV they sold awhile back.

The areo look is better than the "lets try to make a half-ton look like a 'big truck'" look curreently favored by the big three and Toyota.

It's far better than the The Scion Xsomething box...tries to be trendy without any style whatsoever.
            And like most people, I find most sedans (especially Japanese) to be incredibly interchangeable. Even Mazdas look like Acuras...and lexus'. I have no idea what an Infinity looks like, I haven't seen one in years.
            The new Camry is a bloated discrace...however, the 2008 Accord looks pretty good. Even Mercedes and BMWs are ugly now..again trying to be trendy. I buy a new Benz (and I've bought two in my life), I want to look like a grownup...not some kid who wants to take his dad's sedan drifting.

I'm not a fan of the "chopped" look of the new Dodges and the 2009 Camaro concept. Leave the chopping to 32 Ford coupes.
            To me the last generation of Chrysler "cab forward" sedans (circa 2001) were the best looking American cars...then they were replaced with that brick of a 300.
            Sorry Chrysler style guys, I don't want to look like the Green Hornet circa 1966.

Rant over.

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I've seen worse.
              Aside from the bass mouth, it reminds me of the Isuzu Vehi-cross stylish SUV they sold awhile back.

The areo look is better than the "lets try to make a half-ton look like a 'big truck'" look curreently favored by the big three and Toyota.

It's far better than the The Scion Xsomething box...tries to be trendy without any style whatsoever.
              And like most people, I find most sedans (especially Japanese) to be incredibly interchangeable. Even Mazdas look like Acuras...and lexus'. I have no idea what an Infinity looks like, I haven't seen one in years.
              The new Camry is a bloated discrace...however, the 2008 Accord looks pretty good. Even Mercedes and BMWs are ugly now..again trying to be trendy. I buy a new Benz (and I've bought two in my life), I want to look like a grownup...not some kid who wants to take his dad's sedan drifting.

I'm not a fan of the "chopped" look of the new Dodges and the 2009 Camaro concept. Leave the chopping to 32 Ford coupes.
              To me the last generation of Chrysler "cab forward" sedans (circa 2001) were the best looking American cars...then they were replaced with that brick of a 300.
              Sorry Chrysler style guys, I don't want to look like the Green Hornet circa 1966.

Rant over.

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

[)]pregnant guppy comes to mind.[)]

steve blake
                http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt
                steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

[)]pregnant guppy comes to mind.[)]

steve blake
                  steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

Well the quarter window does kinda resemble an shrunken Avanti one, but then that's the BEST looking part of the whole car! [:0]

I guess the resemblance STOPS there!

The parking lights resemble REPTILE eyes!

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, and call it a 5 of 100!

StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Well the quarter window does kinda resemble an shrunken Avanti one, but then that's the BEST looking part of the whole car! [:0]

I guess the resemblance STOPS there!

The parking lights resemble REPTILE eyes!

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, and call it a 5 of 100!

StudeRich
                      Studebakers Northwest
                      Ferndale, WA
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Hey, if it's cheap to buy and operate, it would be a great commuter vehicle as you wouldn't care if it got dinged or smashed.[xx(]

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar
                        3E-6/7-122
                        </h5>
                        [img]
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander
                        Zone Coordinator
                        Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Hey, if it's cheap to buy and operate, it would be a great commuter vehicle as you wouldn't care if it got dinged or smashed.[xx(]

<h5>Mark
                          '57 Transtar
                          3E-6/7-122
                          </h5>
                          [img]
                          Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander
                          Zone Coordinator
                          Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

That thing looks like it would have one HECKUVA blind spot, not to mention that it's even uglier than the first Scions. It even makes my Aveo look good!

pitbulllady

Comment

That thing looks like it would have one HECKUVA blind spot, not to mention that it's even uglier than the first Scions. It even makes my Aveo look good!

pitbulllady

Comment

Working...
                              X