Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have an AC-2705 third horn as used on 1955 cars and trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an AC-2705 third horn as used on 1955 cars and trucks?

Am looking for a loan, picture, or just measurements of the support bracket (#536784) used on the rare accessory third horn available on 1955 President cars and E-series trucks. Or would buy if someone has one.
    Last edited by Skip Lackie; 07-27-2017, 04:25 AM. Reason: Corrected part number
    Skip Lackie

I can get a picture tomorrow if no one else beats me to it.
    78 Avanti RQB 2792
    64 Avanti R1 R5408
    63 Avanti R1 R4551
    63 Avanti R1 R2281
    62 GT Hawk V15949
    56 GH 6032504
    56 GH 6032588
    55 Speedster 7160047
    55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Sip, I have the exact horn the Speedster or other 55 models 3-D Booster horn it was totally restored but it lacks the mechanical parts under the cover. the horn has the exact bracket on it and I will sell the horn
      Joe Parsons email me at jobetsy6@gmail.com or call me at 330 502 5930
      I can send you a photo

Joe Parsons

Comment

Joe-
        Sent you an email.

Henry-
        Thanks for the offer. Will let you know if I need the photo.

Do either of you have a copy of the mounting instructions for this horn?
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Joe-
          Email to you bounced as undeliverable.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Skip my email is joebetsy6@gmail.com the horn I have has the bracket on it and it fits directly under the horizontal bar with the gold S on it ...the horn will bit into the undeside of the bar with two bolts into the underside of the bar in grille VERY EASY INSTALLATION LIKE 2 MINUTES I can tell you where the wiring goes for the horn too
            Joe Parsons cell 330 502 5930

Joe Parsons

Comment

After talking to Joe Parsons yesterday, I realized that I: (1) Needed to explain further, and (2) Had copied the wrong part number in my first message anyway. I have changed that part number to the correct one.

The AC-2705 was offered as an accessory horn for the 1955 cars and trucks. Apparently installing the horn in trucks required an additional support bracket -- #536784. That is the item I am looking for. Joe said that this part is not needed for installation on the 1955 cars. I assume that support part was included in the accessory kit, but was discarded when the horn was installed on a car. So I will expand my request. I am looking for: (1) #536784 support, or (2) A drawing or photo of that item, or (3) A copy of the instructions for the AC-2705 horn kit, or (4) A complete AC-2705 horn kit, if it contains the above support.

Thanks to those that responded, but would like to start over with correct info.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
              X