Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tim333
    replied
    I carelessly left my car unlocked with the keys under the mat in my driveway. Word is gangs in Chicago are dropping off members in the suburbs with instructions to steal a car and drop off in the city as part of initiation into the gang.

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by tim333 View Post
    My car was recovered by Chicago police today, the air cleaner elbow and my other possessions are still in the car.
    Rejoicing with you on your car recovery. But, being curious, did the cops catch the thief(s)? Were the keys in the car, or did they "bust" the ignition switch? Did they use your car for a robbery get away, or just wanted a ride & then abandoned it?

Or...is it such a crappy old dirty "daily" driver full of junk that they could only take it so much and decided to abandon it and steal something decent???

Leave a comment:

• dpson
    replied
    Oh good, I'll put the one I have back in the basement.

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    replied
    My car was recovered by Chicago police today, the air cleaner elbow and my other possessions are still in the car.

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    replied
    Thanks Dan. Tim Carlig 1532 Countryside dr Shorewood Illinois 60404

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    replied
    Shorewood is a suburb of Chicago. Part was in the back of my SUV along with my gym bag. I was going to drop it off that day to be powder coated

Leave a comment:

• dpson
    replied
    Tim,

Sorry to hear about your car.

I have one of those covers left over from the 51 Commander that I sold years ago. I've attached some photos, as I recall there was something slightly different than the one on my car and I think it was the height of the pipe that connects to the carb. I don't remember if it was shorter or longer, but could probably be made to work.

Anyway, if this is something you can use, you can have it for the cost of shipping.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1029.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	1715733 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1030.JPG
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	1715734Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1031.JPG
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	1715735

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Hmm ... is, Shorewood anywhere Near Chicago?

Leave a comment:

• larkregal62
    replied
    I understood that his daily driver was stolen with the part in it!! Bummer

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    started a topic 51 Land Cruiser air cleaner elbow

51 Land Cruiser air cleaner elbow

In need of the air cleaner elbow, 530577 , for my 51 Landcruiser. It was in the back of my daily driver which was stolen from my driveway last friday.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170725_151439.jpg
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1755402
    Need the rectangular top.
    Last edited by tim333; 07-25-2017, 12:15 PM.
Working...
X