Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Identifying a Studebaker truck

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Identifying a Studebaker truck

    Hello,
    I'm wondering which Truck this is?
    Is it a 1955 Transtar?
    Is there a possibility to identify, which engine is installed? The 185cu in or 246cu in six?
    http://www.stolzeclassiccars.nl/aanb...baker-pick-up/

    Thanks,
    Martin

  • #2
    It is not a 1955 anything. It is an earlier year, no newer than a '53. Perhaps a cobbled together mongrel. I don't think the "Transtar" designation appeared on the scene until 1956.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

    SDC member since 1975

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, I also think it is an earlier truck.
      But on the other hand, I found following photo: https://www.google.de/search?q=stude...IxiTTDSM9gcyM: which is mentioned as a 1955 Transtar?

      Comment


      • #4
        What John said. Based on the serial number, it's a 1950 2R5 with the 169 cu in Champion 6. there's nothing visible in the pictures to indicate that it's anything other than a 2R5. The Calif plate number indicates it was first registered in Calif in 1971 or 72.
        Skip Lackie

        Comment


        • #5
          245 in the bed ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gsx_martin View Post
            Yes, I also think it is an earlier truck.
            But on the other hand, I found following photo: https://www.google.de/search?q=stude...IxiTTDSM9gcyM: which is mentioned as a 1955 Transtar?
            Hey Martin...I notice that you are in Hamburg, Germany. So, I certainly don't want to create an "international incident," between the two of us. You know what they say about the reliability of stuff found on the internet.
            Out of curiosity, I did a "1955 Studebaker Truck" search...and this popped up...
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

            SDC member since 1975

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jclary View Post
              Hey Martin...I notice that you are in Hamburg, Germany. So, I certainly don't want to create an "international incident," between the two of us. You know what they say about the reliability of stuff found on the internet.
              Out of curiosity, I did a "1955 Studebaker Truck" search...and this popped up...
              Has a 37 LaSalle grille.
              Skip Lackie

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jclary View Post
                Out of curiosity, I did a "1955 Studebaker Truck" search...and this popped up...
                Nice "truck"

                Comment


                • #9
                  That is a Stilleto fiberglass body on a Stude frame.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                    .... Based on the serial number, it's a 1950 2R5 with the 169 cu in Champion 6. there's nothing visible in the pictures to indicate that it's anything other than a 2R5. The Calif plate number indicates it was first registered in Calif in 1971 or 72.
                    Thanks for these informations.
                    Now I'm waiting for additional photos and next weekend I will drive to the dealer and have a look for the truck

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X