Might need some Studebaker body shipping help - Spokane WA area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might need some Studebaker body shipping help - Spokane WA area

I'm working on a deal with a guy in the Spokane area (Whitefish) for the front half of a 1923/24 Studebaker Standard 6 touring body. I want this all-steel body to build an Studebaker roadster pickup. Unfortunately, I found the body just as I found a new job and I can't personally travel to the guy's property to help load and ship the body to Los Angeles.

Are there any members in that area that might be able to help me out? I'm not looking for any freebies - I'm willing to pay for the help.

Also, I don't need (and have no room) for all the 23/24 parts the guy has. Here's the Craigslist ad if anyone is interested in the rest of the parts (cheap!):

Scott Rodgers
    Los Angeles
    SDC Member since 1989
    \'60 Lark HT
    \'63 Wagonaire
    \'66 Frankenbaker

Actually, that is likely Whitefish MT - about 250 mi east of Spokane.
    78 Avanti RQB 2792
    64 Avanti R1 R5408
    63 Avanti R1 R4551
    63 Avanti R1 R2281
    62 GT Hawk V15949
    56 GH 6032504
    56 GH 6032588
    55 Speedster 7160047
    55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

I'm in North Idaho about 200 miles from there. Depending on your timeline I may be able to help. Or I have a few friends within 50 miles of there that I'm sure would help out. If I can be of any help pm your number and I'll give a call. Ror

Comment

There is no Whitefish Washington that I am aware of. Whitefish Montana is up by the Canadian border on Hwy 93.
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

There's usually some parts listed on Seattle craigslist that I'd be interested in having brought down to San Jose. Perhaps we could coordinate thr shipping and share the cost.

-- Scott
          64 Avanti R1 R5529

Comment

It turns out that those above who said Whitefish is in Montana are right. I've talked to the guy coordinating the sale with the owner and he confirmed this (the Craigslist ad was in the Spokane site). He also told me that another member is also looking at the other parts, so I might also have a way to get the parts back to California.
            Scott Rodgers
            Los Angeles
            SDC Member since 1989
            \'60 Lark HT
            \'63 Wagonaire
            \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

I'm working with another forum member who is getting all the 23/24 parts in the Craigslist ad I don't want. He's going to be able to bring all the parts back to the Southern California area for a very reasonable fee. The forum comes through again!
              Scott Rodgers
              Los Angeles
              SDC Member since 1989
              \'60 Lark HT
              \'63 Wagonaire
              \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Working...
              X