65 Cruiser Saved From The Crusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 Cruiser Saved From The Crusher

back a.jpgback b.jpgI bought this car for parts at a local auction back in December. I just couldn't part it out after looking at the body and engine. After two trips to the Chuck Naugle ranch sales earlier this year to find hundreds of great parts, my son and I started to put it back together.side a.jpgside b.jpg

ext1 a.jpgext1 b.jpg

It looks great! Nice job!
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Will from Starlight Studebaker had a beautiful dark red interior for this car. I couldn't believe how nice it was after all these years. It took days to clean out all of the junk and mess in the car and trunk.
      front a.jpgfront b.jpgrear a.jpgrear b.jpg

Comment

door a.jpgdoor b.jpgac a.jpgac b.jpg
        Stephan Allen's had a bunch of parts that I couldn't find anywhere else. Thank you Matt. And Carl from C and B had great advice.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm no expert mechanic, but this car was pretty easy to dissemble and put back together. I know it's not worth much, but it was a priceless experience to spend time with my youngest son.

gauge a.jpggauge b.jpgengine a.jpgengine b.jpg

Comment

50 years from now your youngest will be driving this car to antique car shows and be able to tell the story of how he and you found it and put it all back together...great job!

Comment

That's not a repair or restoration, THAT"S a Resurrection! Beautiful Job.

Just get a correct curved UP then Down tailpipe like this:

64Daytona Convert G_Sand6.jpg PLEASE!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I'm even more impressed now after seeing the interior and engine compartment! I would guess that you are looking for another Studebaker project to fix up now? Like eating potato chips, you cant stop with just one.
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

VERY nice job and GREAT STORY!

Comment

Amazing what a lot of work can accomplish looks great. I agree on the correct tail pipe being old enough to remember how original exhaust system were when cars were new I dislike any non stock style on restoration or even replacement pipe no matter what brand of car just my view. Your car your choice. What you do with your father or son will last a long time as a good time and enjoyable time.

Comment

WOW!

The tan interior may have been handsome back when it was new but the red is striking! Much better colour against the root beer brown. You and your son were a busy pair of beavers and it shows.

Comment

Beautiful work!! Did you get a new dash, restore yours or get a replacement?

Just beautiful!

Mark

Comment

That is just stunning! Even better was the father and son time, I'm sure. Well done.
                          Mike Davis
                          Regional Manager, North Carolina
                          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Beautiful job! And was done quickly! Unlike my projects. Where did you find the dash board? And is the rest of your new interior from Starlight?
                            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Wow! Not only is it gorgeous, but it seems like only yesterday we were looking at the "before" photos. Beautiful job; congratulations. BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X