Currently at the Hackenberger auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    Always thought that a '57 Clipper front clip (nose) would be 'just the thing' to greatly improve the looks of a '58 Packard hardtop!

I quite agree. Actually, almost anything is an improvement on the '58 front clip...
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
      58 modified.....Dennis Mills in Arizona built a 58 hard top using a '53 front end and '56 rear fenders.....I had just joined the club the first time I saw it & was really really confused...he did a great job on it.
      Mike Sal
      One good thing about Studebaker's, is their ability to mix and match. And the fumy thing is, it generally looks better that way.

Comment

Any idea what year the La Palma Car Show Picture is from Sebastian? I recognize Doug Hughes's '63 Lark but from that ANGLE without seeing much of the Rear of the roof and rear glass, few would notice that it is actually a '63 with a 250 c.i.d. Six Cylinder Engine (yes 250!) and a '66 front clip.

The guy next to it, looks a LOT like ME!
        Last edited by StudeRich; 07-27-2017, 10:49 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

A slideshow of random photos of the auction is at this link. Enjoy. Bill
          http://s190.photobucket.com/user/cla...rger%20Auction
          http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the post-Lots of neat old iron.

Comment

I have been away for quite a while and wanted a general opinion from the people here. How did the sale go? Were the prices high? Did anybody here find a really neat project? Did the entire collection sell? What about the Packard Hawk(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by RDWEAVER View Post
                I have been away for quite a while and wanted a general opinion from the people here. How did the sale go? Were the prices high? Did anybody here find a really neat project? Did the entire collection sell? What about the Packard Hawk(s)?
                Most of what you seek was discussed in other threads/topics on this auction. Do a search and I think that you will find answers and opinions.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Can anyone comment on the condition of the yellow CE which sold for $30K?
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I can, I looked at it closely in person. It was a VERY solid vehicle that needed everything for a total restoration. I believe that the engine could have "run" with less than 10 hours of attention. Beyond that it was anyone's guess on hours and cost. bIt was virtually rust free. The steal was the Coupe Express next to it, not as pretty but just as solid. Crazy prices................. but people willing to buy old Studebakers at good money.
                    sigpicIt is an addiction!

Comment

Originally posted by jbwhttail View Post
                      I can, I looked at it closely in person. It was a VERY solid vehicle that needed everything for a total restoration. I believe that the engine could have "run" with less than 10 hours of attention. Beyond that it was anyone's guess on hours and cost. bIt was virtually rust free. The steal was the Coupe Express next to it, not as pretty but just as solid. Crazy prices................. but people willing to buy old Studebakers at good money.
                      Cool! Thanks for the comments.
                      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
                      X