No announcement yet.

Currently at the Hackenberger auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, they even had 67 Champ pickup there.

Comment

I was only interested in one car and had a friend that was registered bid online. Fortunately someone else bid more at the end. Among other things I had concerns about the title since the car was listed as a 4dr when it was a 2 dr. The description was wrong and the title was maybe also wrong.

Comment

For those interested...this link should provide you with the sold items from Day 1 https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=127998
        Day 2 https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=127999 Just type Studebaker in the "Search Catalog" box. It does pull up a few non-Studebaker items but it's easier to scroll through

Here are a few pics from Day 1
        Click image for larger version

Name:	23 Coupe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	1715627Click image for larger version

Name:	38 CE.jpg
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	1715628Click image for larger version

Name:	38 truck.jpg
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	1715629Click image for larger version

Name:	52 Limo.jpg
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	1715630Click image for larger version

Name:	55 Coupe.jpg
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	1715631Click image for larger version

Name:	58 GH.jpg
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	1715632Click image for larger version

Name:	58 Packard Hawk.jpg
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	1715633

Comment

$13,000 for the 1960 Lark convertible (plus 12% commission) seems pretty steep for a car in that condition.

https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/1960-S...tionTopSection
          Dan Peterson
          Montpelier, VT
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Well the good thing about 'Auction Syndrome,' is that Ron and his wife will have a nice nest-egg out of this. I do hope all those Studebaker trucks found good homes.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

So... Bams... What did you buy?
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                So... Bams... What did you buy?
                Check on Facebook.

According to him, he left early. Everything was either too much money; nor did he have a lineup of 'customers' to haul cars "anywhere in the world" for.

Craig
                Last edited by 8E45E; 07-17-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dpson View Post
                  $13,000 for the 1960 Lark convertible (plus 12% commission) seems pretty steep for a car in that condition.

https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/1960-S...tionTopSection
                  That was a better car than the pics indicate. Had Cal tags and appeared as a Cal car. Might have been a little high but as said it was a better car than it looks in pics. Might have been truly rust-free, car was undoubtably straight and solid.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                    That was a better car than the pics indicate. Had Cal tags and appeared as a Cal car. Might have been a little high but as said it was a better car than it looks in pics. Might have been truly rust-free, car was undoubtably straight and solid.
                    Did you look at that car? It was pretty solid and probably a California car for part of its life. Those weren't black California plates. But, the front floors were marginal with holes on the drivers side needing at a minimum some patch work. I'm sure a screw driver would have pushed through in several spots on the passenger floor. Rust about the size of a silver dollar on passenger front fender but not at all bad. Solid trunk area. Pot metal not good on drivers side but maybe plateable but shot on passenger side including cozy wing assembly. A good car to restore but WAY to much money....!

Comment

Originally posted by nels View Post
                      ..... A good car to restore but WAY to much money....!
                      How True..

I'm counting the days for the new owner to become a new member looking for those parts.

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                        How True..

I'm counting the days for the new owner to become a new member looking for those parts.
                        OR, you might find it on Ebay or Craigslist, etc., like the blue Lark convertible in this auction did: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=college

(Not to say he's going to flip it, but it is a possibility.)

Craig
                        Last edited by 8E45E; 07-17-2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Missed this one, might have gone all the way!

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                          What an amazing collection. So far my favorite so far are 55 president that is spectacular, super straight and solid lark convertible, and tan Packard Hawk is amazing! Incredible original leather, very clean and complete, even a roll of mylar in the trunk. Wish I could post pictures here, but I'll put them on Facebook.
                          I got to this one too late, was focusing on the 55 President #306R, but missed #154R earlier, a 58 Hdt, a much rarer bird, very desirable and appeared in very good condition. Went for $9,000, and I would probably have been in a bidding war, which I have done when live at auctions, and always lost out to someone who would have bought the item at ANY cost. Oh well, the car was too nice to modify, although I have always wondered if one could place a '57 front clip on this '58 model. Wouldn't be too hard, and there were lots of '57's at this auction at reasonable prices. I guess I saved myself a lot of money and a lot of time on a project I may not be able to live long enough to complete.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic
                          Jack, in Montana

Comment

luckily I joined months ago (or I would be in that boat today - hahaha)

Comment

58 modified.....Dennis Mills in Arizona built a 58 hard top using a '53 front end and '56 rear fenders.....I had just joined the club the first time I saw it & was really really confused...he did a great job on it.
                              Mike Sal

Comment

Originally posted by jnfweber View Post
                                I got to this one too late, was focusing on the 55 President #306R, but missed #154R earlier, a 58 Hdt, a much rarer bird, very desirable and appeared in very good condition. Went for $9,000, and I would probably have been in a bidding war, which I have done when live at auctions, and always lost out to someone who would have bought the item at ANY cost. Oh well, the car was too nice to modify, although I have always wondered if one could place a '57 front clip on this '58 model. Wouldn't be too hard, and there were lots of '57's at this auction at reasonable prices. I guess I saved myself a lot of money and a lot of time on a project I may not be able to live long enough to complete.
                                Always thought that a '57 Clipper front clip (nose) would be 'just the thing' to greatly improve the looks of a '58 Packard hardtop!

Comment

Working...
                                X