Currently at the Hackenberger auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently at the Hackenberger auction

What an amazing collection. So far my favorite so far are 55 president that is spectacular, super straight and solid lark convertible, and tan Packard Hawk is amazing! Incredible original leather, very clean and complete, even a roll of mylar in the trunk. Wish I could post pictures here, but I'll put them on Facebook.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth様et me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

This is your third thread that you started on this auction. Why not add to either of the previous ones?

Craig

Comment

Because in either of the previous threads, I was not yet here. Why is it a problem for you?
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth様et me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Hey Bob, why can't you post pics here? I thought it was only in the "stovehuggers" forum where pic posting is so restrictive. As I've said before, not a facebook participant (too many relatives)...there are probably others here (some might have money) who could benefit from pics.

By the way, I enjoyed pestering you in person at the last York meet. Good luck with this auction.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Because you have to set up with a host; get the photos loaded there; then bring a link over here and hope it works. All from a phone while I'm working an auction. Facebook is instant and direct. I can post photos direct from my phone's storage, post while taking them, post video clips, even do live video there.

That's why most people these days do the bulk of their communicating in Facebook. Forums still have a place, but are outdated.
          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

As for relatives, there is no requirement to "friend" anybody, so nobody can get on your page if you don't want. Another advantage since you don't have to deal with cranks that gripe about the tiniest thing. Like starting new threads.
            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              That's why most people these days do the bulk of their communicating in Facebook. Forums still have a place, but are outdated.
              Well, I finally got a smartphone. I don't know how to post pictures from this blasted thing yet. Only had it a year & half. Posting with it now. Like me,my Studebakers, and this forum...I'm surrounded by "OUTDATED!"

Anyway, I'm not a player in this auction, but interested in how it goes. Look forward to any updates.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John, you are a good man. It was great to finally meet you in person. But, I will probably not be doing any more updates on this forum.

Come on over to Facebook if you get a mind to. That's where most of everything happens nowadays.
                Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Quite the education on this forum about face-book advantages. Quite a "huffy" approach I must say, yet it gets to the point. Think I'll give face-book another look.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                    What an amazing collection. So far my favorite so far are 55 president that is spectacular, super straight and solid lark convertible, and tan Packard Hawk is amazing! Incredible original leather, very clean and complete, even a roll of mylar in the trunk. Wish I could post pictures here, but I'll put them on Facebook.
                    Very nice 1932 Studebaker President coupe sold for $19,000 (on-line bid) and a nice 1963 Avanti R1 sold for $14,500 (on site), which seems a little high since mechanical status may be unknown. Probably lots of bargains left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	32 Coupe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1715591Click image for larger version

Name:	Avanti R1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1715592
                    sigpic
                    Jack, in Montana

Comment

Thanks for posting pics and prices ...... wish I could of gone
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

yellow coupe express brought around 40K, the next one (a 40?) brought 19K if I remember.....

Comment

Has the '56 Pinehurst been sold yet?

Comment

CEs were $30,000 and $15,750. Pinehurst was $5,250 for no discernible reason.
                            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Been watching on-line and glad I stayed home. Prices are way up on most of the Studes except for the rough Speedster which went cheep. VERY few bargains to be had this day.
                              Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
                              X