Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starliner62
    replied
    I bid on three cars, all of them brand X. Luckily I didn't win ant of them. Way too high for what they appeared.

Leave a comment:

• jbwhttail
    replied
    What Nels said. The person who bought the 64 GT will have a nice surprise the trunk was loaded. With NOS parts for various Studes I had a key that fit the lock. The car still sold for almost double value.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by nels View Post
    Well I'm home and I'll say that anyone that was out bid on a car using only photos as a guide should be happy they were outbid! The auctioneer even advised that they had a skid loader to aid with loading. Probably were a few decent deals but no steals, however, a hell of a lot of "you got to be kidding me's".
    An exact repeat of THIS AUCTION: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=college

Craig

Leave a comment:

• nels
    replied
    Well I'm home and I'll say that anyone that was out bid on a car using only photos as a guide should be happy they were outbid! The auctioneer even advised that they had a skid loader to aid with loading. Probably were a few decent deals but no steals, however, a hell of a lot of "you got to be kidding me's".

Leave a comment:

• 58PackardWagon
    replied
    The auctioneer did a very nice job balancing the live and online bidding.

Leave a comment:

• 58PackardWagon
    replied
    I took a pass on the 58 Packard wagon due to the frame condition. I was very surprised to see what the 38 coupe express went for based on the condition. I did think though the buy of the day was the 58 Studebaker sedan.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    Originally posted by studeclunker View Post

Bob, have you seen the 'toter?
    Sorry Ron, no dice. I went to the other location and everything is locked up behind a fence. Couldn't get into look at anything. I'm just getting ready to make the seven hour trip back home.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    Originally posted by studeclunker View Post

Not until later. That is at the day 2 site which is at a different location. But I will.

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• unclemiltie
    replied
    Thanks, I was on the fence with one and am now off the fence

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sal
    replied
    Bob,
    Any idea on how they are selling? Are they going by lot number order? I have a bid in on the AMC matador coupe, but have no idea if it will sell early or late. It's lot number 273.
    Mike Sal

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    I just got into town. I will be there in the morning, inspecting cars for clients. If anyone wants information about a specific car, post it and I'll try to answer.

Leave a comment:

• nels
    started a topic Hackenberger auction preview

Hackenberger auction preview

If you are bidding using pictures from the internet, be forewarned, the cars are worse than they look! Bid with caution and bid as if the item is less than you imagine. If you are on the edge then pass.
    Anybody else up here today that might comment?
Working...
X