• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash cover for 59 lark hardtop?

Does anyone make and sell these?
    Thanks
    Paul

I would guess that JustDashes could help you out if you can't find a Studebaker source.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I would guess that JustDashes could help you out if you can't find a Studebaker source.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Paul,

All it is is some vinyl. It's not some pre-formed overlay like 61-62 Larks and others. It's made somewhat larger than that upper dash panel (said panel which unfastens from the lower dash section thanks to a bunch of HARD-TO-REACH screws on the backside) Then a piece of thin padding is cut to shape (actually cut a bit smaller than the upper dash panel) and glued on top of the upper dash panel. Then taking the sewn vinyl, you glue it to the underside of the upper dash panel - front edge. Then lay it over the padded area and pull it snug and glue it on the backside of the rear edge. Ya hafta get good glue contact and work it in around the radio hole and below that where the upper edge of the glove box door will close.
        Some of those cheap plastic spring clamps from Harbor Freight would be the ticket for clamping the glued areas while the glue dries. If your Lark is a Regal with the silver piping along the lower edge, you can forget trying to sew that stuff to where it will locate properly when youi stretch and glue the vinyl. Not saying it COULDN'T be done, but you're gonna do it numerous times before you get it to fit (the piping) just right. On my Lark, after the vinyl was fitted, I tucked the flap of the piping into the seam of the two dash sections before I tightened up the screws and thusly pinched it in place.
        By the way, I've got a HUGE roll of the proper metallic silver piping if you or anyone else wants some for this application. I got a roll that CAME FROM Studebaker when the South Bend plant shut down. You can HAVE some if you're willing to pay shipping. This stuff is UNobtainium nowdays![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Paul,

All it is is some vinyl. It's not some pre-formed overlay like 61-62 Larks and others. It's made somewhat larger than that upper dash panel (said panel which unfastens from the lower dash section thanks to a bunch of HARD-TO-REACH screws on the backside) Then a piece of thin padding is cut to shape (actually cut a bit smaller than the upper dash panel) and glued on top of the upper dash panel. Then taking the sewn vinyl, you glue it to the underside of the upper dash panel - front edge. Then lay it over the padded area and pull it snug and glue it on the backside of the rear edge. Ya hafta get good glue contact and work it in around the radio hole and below that where the upper edge of the glove box door will close.
          Some of those cheap plastic spring clamps from Harbor Freight would be the ticket for clamping the glued areas while the glue dries. If your Lark is a Regal with the silver piping along the lower edge, you can forget trying to sew that stuff to where it will locate properly when youi stretch and glue the vinyl. Not saying it COULDN'T be done, but you're gonna do it numerous times before you get it to fit (the piping) just right. On my Lark, after the vinyl was fitted, I tucked the flap of the piping into the seam of the two dash sections before I tightened up the screws and thusly pinched it in place.
          By the way, I've got a HUGE roll of the proper metallic silver piping if you or anyone else wants some for this application. I got a roll that CAME FROM Studebaker when the South Bend plant shut down. You can HAVE some if you're willing to pay shipping. This stuff is UNobtainium nowdays![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

My seat cover company has the piping if it's like what's used on 61 Hawks. The have both silver and tinsel style.

JDP/Maryland
            63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
            spent to date $54664,75
            64 R2 GT (Sid)
            spent to date $62,839.60
            63 Lark 2 door
            51 Commander
            39 Coupe express
            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

My seat cover company has the piping if it's like what's used on 61 Hawks. The have both silver and tinsel style.

JDP/Maryland
              63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
              spent to date $54664,75
              64 R2 GT (Sid)
              spent to date $62,839.60
              63 Lark 2 door
              51 Commander
              39 Coupe express
              39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks everyone.
                I got all the material, vinyl, foam and piping for $10.00.
                At Prairie salvage, next to the Studebaker factory.

Comment

Thanks everyone.
                  I got all the material, vinyl, foam and piping for $10.00.
                  At Prairie salvage, next to the Studebaker factory.

Comment

Working...
                  X