Auction in northern Indiana that has a 1946 Studebaker Dump Truck M16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction in northern Indiana that has a 1946 Studebaker Dump Truck M16

See the attached link. One item is a 1946 M16 truck with dump bed; it is not running.

There is one pic of it on the link, green with black fenders. It is hard to determine anything from a single pic, but the absence of rust below the door shows promise.

If any of you, or know someone, that is interested, please distribute. The auction is on July 22 and is in north central Indiana.

Note: I am not affiliated with the estate or auction in any way. A friend gave me a heads up on facebook this morning.

http://www.olsonauctions.com/index.p...017-9-00-am-et

Looks like a truck with potential. I like the 37 Chevy too.
    sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Looks like the dump bed is just sitting on pallets on the frame.
      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
        Looks like the dump bed is just sitting on pallets on the frame.
        I copied the pic into another program where I could enlarge & study it. I'm thinking that this could have originally been a residential Coal Delivery. Back in the day, especially up north, schools, large homes & farms used coal fired boilers. This looks like a "mid-bed," rocker dump. It could back up to a building and dump the coal into a chute that piled the coal into the basement close enough to be shoveled into the boiler stove. Pure speculation on my part, but I think such delivery trucks were common back then.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

In 1976 I bought a 1946 M-16 dump truck that had a Garwood body on it. As I recall, it was 10' long and the sides were higher. I remember coal trucks having higher sides than this.

To put things in perspective, I paid $110 for the truck at auction. I thought I had done something when I sold it 6 months later for $175.
          Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            I copied the pic into another program where I could enlarge & study it. I'm thinking that this could have originally been a residential Coal Delivery. Back in the day, especially up north, schools, large homes & farms used coal fired boilers. This looks like a "mid-bed," rocker dump. It could back up to a building and dump the coal into a chute that piled the coal into the basement close enough to be shoveled into the boiler stove. Pure speculation on my part, but I think such delivery trucks were common back then.
            Good guess. Some of them had scissor jacks that would elevate the bed ten feet or more. I remember coal deliveries by such trucks to apartment buildings in the inner city of DC into the early 1970s.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
            X