Registered buyer for Hackenberger auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registered buyer for Hackenberger auction

I am registered for the Hackenberger auction in Ohio next weekend, July 15 & 16, 2017. We have several online bids in already on several cars, including Studebakers. I am planning to attend Saturday. I can help inspect/buy/ship anything there if anyone needs help. Take a look at the inventory in the links, and if you need help PM me. http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/a...6&allimages=NO

- - - Updated - - -

Here's Day 2- http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/a...6&allimages=NO
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have a room and am trying to decide if I should go. Looks like a once in a lifetime event, I think there will be some good buys but I am afraid I will actually buy one. I have too many now

This is a very nice offer you are making
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I currently have bids on 24 vehicles. But mostly I'm just excited to be there, I love this stuff.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Very nice of you Bob. I have bids in on two items (actually many more, but leading in two), neither of which I expect to get. Although, one is possible. Just don't know what the market is. There is some really cool stuff. Would live to own the Mercedes 21 window van; just don't know when I would ever get to it.

Lynn

Comment

I would love to have that red Trailer Toter! Problem is getting it off the property and then the t-h-o-u-s-a-n-d-s of miles home. Then there's paying for it... Eh-heh, what's money? Haven't seen any for a good long time, I'm afraid. I've heard it said that if one has time they don't have money and vice-versa. In my case, it hits me coming and going!
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The red 1960 Lark Convertible was supposed to be going across the auction block today.

Any idea on what it sold for and where its going?
            Dan Peterson
            Montpelier, VT
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

I don't know what you're talking about, Dan. The auction doesn't start until next Saturday, a week from today.
              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Dang, you're right Bob, I'm off by a week.
                Dan Peterson
                Montpelier, VT
                1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

2 pretty decent cars on e-bay today for any one who wants a 60 convert. Just in case you have not checked.
                  Bob
                  Bob
                  Welland Ontario
                  60 Lark Convertible
                  64 Daytona
                  sigpic
                  "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

I'm not sure why anyone going to the auction would bid online, (nothing against you Bob)It seems you are just driving the bids higher. Most folks who are truely interested in a car would want to see it in person before the bid. My wife and
                    I attending for the "show", yes I have an eye on several cars but if I should buy one we will walk away from the rest. My biggest fear is that many of these cars are going to end up in a crusher, too many cars/trucks for the market today.
                    sigpicIt is an addiction!

Comment

I have bids on three cars. I doubt that I will win anything, but I have a max bid of what I think they are worth. I wish I could attend, but it's not in the cards. Besides that, if I was there, I'm sure I would spend more than what I wanted to spend.
                      Jamie McLeod
                      Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                      1958 Commander "Christine"
                      1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                      1955 Commander Sedan
                      1964 Champ
                      1960 Lark

Comment

I originally bid online because it looked like I wasn't going to be able to attend. But I wanted to go bad enough that I made arrangements to make it Saturday after all. I will leave Friday afternoon, drive the 6 1/2 hours/400+ miles, sleep in the truck, stay late at the auction and load up if I buy something, then head back to what I was going to do Saturday on Sunday.

I am looking at several cars for myself for resale, some for clients. There is no way of telling, I may come away empty-handed, or I may buy 20 cars. If I buy more than one, it will mean repeated 800+ mile round trips. So, that will have to figure into what I will bid.
                        Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                          I originally bid online because it looked like I wasn't going to be able to attend. But I wanted to go bad enough that I made arrangements to make it Saturday after all. I will leave Friday afternoon, drive the 6 1/2 hours/400+ miles, sleep in the truck, stay late at the auction and load up if I buy something, then head back to what I was going to do Saturday on Sunday.

I am looking at several cars for myself for resale, some for clients. There is no way of telling, I may come away empty-handed, or I may buy 20 cars. If I buy more than one, it will mean repeated 800+ mile round trips. So, that will have to figure into what I will bid.
                          Bob, assuming that your time is worth something, wouldn't it be more cost effective to hire an automobile transporter that can haul six or more vehicles in one trip?
                          sigpic
                          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

"Very nice of you Bob."

Don't know if this is a free offer as this is the business Bob is in now.

KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

With the condition of the cars, non running and flat tires hiring a TRANSPORTER TO REMOVE CARS IN SEVEN DAYS WILL BE VERY PROHIBITIVE. If you don't move the cars in seven days they have additional towing fees. I received an email this weekend that they will assist in loading for an additional fee, please be sure you know the rules before you purchase a vehicle and it is double the cost to ship. If you are using anyone's services GET IT IN WRITING, nothing worse than those hidden charges.......
                              sigpicIt is an addiction!

Comment

Working...
                              X