GreatRace: 1964 Daytona hardtop passes through Auburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreatRace: 1964 Daytona hardtop passes through Auburn

Interesting, but don't pay any attention to the accompanying audio...sheesh!

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Did that guy say there's a Chevy V-8 in that Daytona, or am I hearing things?
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

He said it came from the factory with a Chevy 350 V-8. I can't imagine where he got his information.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

There IS a Chevy V8 in that Daytona, but it sure didn't come from the factory that way! Corky blew it. That is a member of the Los Angeles chapter, Steve Hedke driving, with his wife Janet navigating, and daughter Allison. They have participated in many Great Races and finished in the top 10 multiple times.
        Way to go Hedkes!!
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

I listened to it twice and that bozo said it came from the factory with a 350 chev turbo !
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

No such thing as a factory 1964 350 Chevy anyway.

Comment

Narrators should be informed before they speak. Bet if it had a stock 289 V8 he'd have said it was a Ford 289 engine that was installed at the factory..Jeeeze!

Comment

Shaking my head...
                Mike Davis
                1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Working...
                X