Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you going to the SDC Pacific Can-Am Zone Meet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are you going to the SDC Pacific Can-Am Zone Meet?

    If so, I look forward to meeting you there. Several months ago I was honored to receive an invitation from Craig Parslow to attend the Pacific Can-Am Zone Meet and address the registrants at the Saturday banquet.

    As several members are aware, I have been going through some serious medical issues which prevented our attendance in South Bend in May, and it was just recently that I was able to get medical clearance to travel, since it looks like I now have a few more years left in my system. So Thelma and I look forward to getting away from hospital/household confinement and enjoying life with our Studebaker friends.

    During the past couple of months I have had some personal contact with some Studebaker associates from the 60s with reflections not covered in my book. I'll be sharing these with you on July 22nd. Regarding my book, the host Foothills Chapter will have about a dozen copies available at the Meet of you'd like to purchase a copy. If I know in advance of any purchase intentions, I can possibly bring some extra copies with me. Just send me a PM on the Forum and I'll try and make it happen.

    Stu Chapman

  • #2
    Good for you Stu , glad your feeling better ! Enjoy your trip
    ..... and a banquet too boot ..... I thought that was a bad word in the SDC vocabulary
    sigpic

    Home of the Fried Green Tomato

    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

    1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm going! Can't wait to see you there! Who else from the forum besides Craig is going?
      Evan Davis
      Prince Albert, Sk

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes hope to see you there.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm looking forward to being there as well . Booked the room and sent in my monies to register . Looking forward to listening to Stu at the banquet and also looking forward to the Friday night cruise.. Should be fun .. Junior your going as well correct ?
          Love my Lark

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Stu
            I will not be there , but i am glad you are doing better , Best of health to you

            Comment


            • #7
              Hello Stu,
              Nice to read you're in good health, now. Are you planning some addenda to your book? If so, I'd love to get one.
              Have a delightful trip and a wonderful time.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                I will be there. I will bring lot of NOS parts. Plus rebuilt antenna's

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by christophe View Post
                  Hello Stu,
                  Nice to read you're in good health, now. Are you planning some addenda to your book? If so, I'd love to get one.
                  Have a delightful trip and a wonderful time.
                  Hi Christophe. The first edition of my current book sold out long ago and has had a second edition printed, this one I believe has less than 100 copies still available from either the Museum or AOAI, and of course at the Pacific Can-Am Zone Meet.

                  As to a further printing with additional copy, it is somewhat doubtful at this point since a significant printing run is economically necessary. As time goes on there always seem to be additional recollections that are interesting and every time I speak on Studebaker I make sure something new is added. In Calgary on July 22nd I will cover a couple of highlights not mentioned before. When I return home I will post these on the Forum.

                  Stu Chapman

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                    Hi Christophe. The first edition of my current book sold out long ago and has had a second edition printed, this one I believe has less than 100 copies still available from either the Museum or AOAI, and of course at the Pacific Can-Am Zone Meet.

                    As to a further printing with additional copy, it is somewhat doubtful at this point since a significant printing run is economically necessary. As time goes on there always seem to be additional recollections that are interesting and every time I speak on Studebaker I make sure something new is added. In Calgary on July 22nd I will cover a couple of highlights not mentioned before. When I return home I will post these on the Forum.

                    Stu Chapman
                    Hi Stu,
                    Thanks for your reply. I got your book from the Museum only a few years ago, so I assume it might be the second edition.
                    Like everybody else, I'm looking forward to read more of your recollections.
                    Nice day to all.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi Stu, glad your feeling better, I have registered, now all I have to do is get their, The Hawk I think is all ready, it now has cruise control installed Air conditioning recharged, Just needed a heater for South Bend, but way up north in CANADA I need the AIR CONDITIONER working. See you their. Well the Meet is now over and it was Great, really enjoyed the A&W cruise night, and the OLD MUSEUM was terrific, now off and touring Vancouver Island, then maybe the Spokane Show this weekend.
                      Last edited by 57studesilverhawk; 07-27-2017, 08:32 AM. Reason: updating a great Meet
                      Evan Severson

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm going to be in Calgary for Wednesday before the meet so I can check out the show and shine at the Grey Eagle Casino that goes on from 6 till dusk.. Be great to see another Studebaker or two at that even if anyone is interested or in Calgary early . Not sure if there are any cruise nights or show and shines for Thursday evening ?
                        Love my Lark

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by royvaldez View Post
                          I will be there. I will bring lot of NOS parts. Plus rebuilt antenna's
                          Kathy and Kenny will be there, too. And we need a wind-up antenna for our '59 Silver Hawk! Perhaps you can bring one for us?
                          1950 Commander Land Cruiser
                          1951 Champion Business Coupe
                          1951 Commander Starlight
                          1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
                          1953 Champion Starlight
                          1953 Commander Starliner
                          1953 2R5
                          1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
                          1957 Silver Hawk
                          1957 3E5 Pick-Up
                          1959 Silver Hawk
                          1961 Hawk
                          1962 Cruiser 4 speed
                          1963 Daytona Convertible
                          1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
                          1965 Cruiser
                          1970 Avanti

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Will anybody be arriving Thursday? I was thinking a run to Banff Friday morning might be fun if anyone wanted to go- park entry is free this year so we might as well take advantage of it!
                            Evan Davis
                            Prince Albert, Sk

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I will probably be there for Thursday evening . Found out the Wednesday evening show and shines at the GreyEagle Casino are not happening this year .
                              I will see if there are any cruises or show and shines for Thursday evening .
                              Love my Lark

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X