Anyone know this '37 (Frankfort, KY)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know this '37 (Frankfort, KY)?

Driving through Frankfort (just 10 miles north of home) and saw the back of this car - cannot mistake it for anything but a Studebaker. Had Kentucky antique license plates. Anyone know the car?

It was in a business parking lot and from the rust on the rotors, it sat in that spot when tropical storm Cindy came through last Thursday/Friday - 5 inches of rain at home - windows were not all steamed up so maybe it does not leak...

Last edited by 62champ; 06-26-2017, 07:26 AM.

it looks like it needs a new home. My place!
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Is that Steve Doerschlag's former car? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

A while back, I saw an ad for this car for sale. (At my age, I have a built in excuse for not remembering) I seem to recall that it had a surprisingly low price for what it looks like. That is until I read about "WATER DAMAGE." Don't recall all the details, but I assume, considering the extent of the damage, the car will have to be completely dismantled, rust proofed (if possible) and then reassembled/restored.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
        X