Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who"s the youngest person on this forum??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who"s the youngest person on this forum??

After reading the "Beater" post it kind of made me realize how old most of us are here on the Stude forum. I wonder how many of us are maybe under sixty, fifty, forty, thirty and maybe under twenty? Who is the youngest. How many of us fit between sixty and one hundred? Who's the oldest? Maybe that me at 67 but I doubt it.

I got you by 2 years. Will hit the big seven oh in October............but I act like I'm 20 sometimes.
    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Last week, while shopping for tires, I chose a small country shop less than 8 miles from my home. I assume the older owner's grandson is the younger employee helping him. He told me that he is 75, plans to retire and turn the business over to the younger fellow in five years.

It was toward the end of the day, I noticed, as he was wrestling a big wheel off of a tanker truck, he was beginning to move a littler slower and struggle. I stated that I had been retired for a few years now (I'm 72). And I commented how I was impressed how well he handled himself at the age of 75.

He smiled and said..."I have a tip for you...the next three years ain't gonna be any easier!" (His comments were not intended for himself, but for me, as I too, attempt to reach the age of 75.)
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Just shy of 50 here, and realizing how young more and more of the people around me appear to be. Yeah just a pup here to many on the forum. Think there are a couple posters on the forum still in high school.

Comment

I think I will take a pass on the youngest at my tender 81 years!!

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
          MELBOURNE.

Comment

Wow Jim!!! I thought you were younger than me but see you are a few years older. I too will pass on this test.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

65 here...but there's a qualifier...it's not the years but the mileage.
              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I'm 63 and one of the youngest in my local club.
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

We conducted a poll here two years ago: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bers&styleid=1

Craig

Comment

I might just be the oldest at 83.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Mentally or physically.....?
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                        Mentally or physically.....?
                        Physically.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I'm 49, and I'm pretty much "the kid" in all my hobbies - Studebakers and Crosleys, EM pinball machines, live steam, old radios, prewar Lionel trains, vintage motorcycles and scooters, vintage racing karts. I didn't think twice about that when I was 25, but the last couple years it has kind of bummed me out. Not only because my older friends are retiring from those hobbies and sadly starting to pass away, but I'm realizing that 20-25 years from now there will probably only be a scant few folks that share the same interests. I have a 19 year old son who can appreciate my interests, but doesn't particularly share them. He's doing his own thing that is more in line with the interests of his peer group - his gearhead genes are manifesting through bicycling, and not vintage stuff, but building current stuff.

But it is a sobering realization that it is possible that I will witness multiple hobbies fading into oblivion, which is sad to me. So I'm doing my best to be in the present and enjoy my hobbies and friends while they still exist, but I'm fighting through feeling that participating in my hobbies is increasingly bittersweet, because it feels like I'm living through the end of an era. But I'm trying to be more "zen" about things and not compare today to what used to be, but to do my best to enjoy what still is.

Sorry for the editorial, I just find myself thinking about this topic more and more.
                          Last edited by voxnut; 06-22-2017, 11:10 AM.
                          Dean Seavers
                          Sacramento, CA

Comment

76 here and slowing down some in the shop there is 4 easy chairs and one recliner and I have fight Pat for the recliner some times. we can start a new thread with who has the largest man cave? because that is what my shop has become 4000 feet and lots of room for easy chairs even have office chairs with wheels just to move closer to the work being done by some one else. I don't really need this as a man cave with a 2600 2 story 5 bay garage at home but still like having it for the time being.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Sorry to say, but one of the best ways to feel young at 55 is to be a member of SDC.
                              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
                              X