X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Ozark Trails orphan Car Show

2017 Ozark Trails Chapter Orphan Car Show

Hi Everyone,
    The Ozark Trails Chapter invites all Studebaker owners to our 22nd Annual Show to be held in Branson, MO Sept. 8th and 9th.
    The Meet will be held at the Angel Inn, 3311 Shepherd of the Hills Parkway, Branson, MO 65616. Telephone# 417-334-2300.
    Meet rate is $56.00 plus tax per night. Please let them know you are with the Orphan Car Show.

Registration is $25.00 with T-shirt; $15.00 with out.
    Extra shirts can be ordered at $15.00 each Sizes are S,M,L,XL, XXL. Add $3.00 for XXL, XXXL

We will have a gift card making class on Saturday morning. Cost will be $10.00 a person for three cards. Please let us know with your registration if you are interested.

We will feature valve cover racing on Saturday afternoon. Rules can be found at www.orphancarshow.webs.com

We will feature a live band on Friday night for your enjoyment.

We are looking forward to seeing you, your family, your friends and your Studebaker (or other orphan car) in Sept.
    please pass this information on to any orphan car owner you may know and bring them with you for a fun filled weekend in beautiful Branson, MO.
    Last edited by Gary1953; 06-22-2017, 09:49 PM.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Gary - you have flyers ready to send out via email or snail mail to chapter newsletter editors?
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

We are sending them out via snail mail Thursday.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

Chris,

I just emailed a scanned copy of the flyer/registration form to the editors on my editor email address list.

Charlie D.

Comment

Photo of the registration form

Ladies & Gentlemen:

This is to post a photo of the registration form and some valve cover racing. This meet is my favorite meet of the year. No judging of the vehicles and every year there are some really neat Orphan cars show up. The valve cover racing has been a popular event at the last couple of shows. Branson, MO is a pretty neat place to enjoy a car show. The show happens to coincide with the annual drive your Studebaker day. If you have not already added this to your Studebaker calendar, please give it some consideration. Enjoy the Orphan Car Show as well a couple of the many Shows available in Branson.

Thank you,
          Charles D. (Charlie D.) Musgrove, editor of the Ozark Trails Newsletter.
          DSCF7621.jpgDSCF7606.JPGDSCF7609.jpgDSCF7610.jpgDSCF7612.JPGDSCF0028.jpg

Comment

I just emailed a scanned copy of the flyer/registration form to the editors on my editor email address list.
            Thanks, Charlie - you rock!
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The orphan show in Branson is fondly anticipated by me every year. Very relaxed atmosphere and plenty for the non-car members of a family to do.
              BTW There are some rare pictures in that group. I am in two of them! I am usually the one in our chapter taking pictures so I am rarely in one.
              sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

A update:

Our track has had some upgrades performed on it in the off season and is a better track than last year. Lasers have been added so there will be no questions as to who won a race.

This was a big hit with the group last year and should be even better this year. Hope to see you at the races.
                Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO

Comment

OK, I'm in. Made hotel reservations today.

I plan to bring my unrestored, original, '35 Commander.

I have read the rules for the Valve Cover races. I have never participated in the past. What most folks call "Valve Covers", are (in my Avanti parts manual) called "Cover, valve rocker arm". With this in mind, would what is called in my '35 chassis parts manual a "Cover, valve spring" be eligible?

Even though I know a first attempt by a rookie against seasoned competition is no doubt doomed to ignominious failure, I'd like to know that, if I tried to make something, that I wouldn't be wasting a good cover that wouldn't be allowed to participate.

I'm assuming that the biggest thing is to get it to run straight and not lose speed rubbing against walls. Given the almost flat shape of my covers (6 cylinder or 8 cylinder all in a row) the co-efficient of drag has to be lower.

If I'm eligible, you guys with your high-domed turtles are in trouble. LOL

Tom

Comment

Here are some valve covers.
                    Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Tom,
                      We are looking forward to seeing you and your '35. In a flat head engine what you are describing will be eligible. Remember max weight is 10 lbs.
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

Just a bump so I can find the rules for the valve cover races quickly. Tom

Comment

Tom do it the NASCAR way - forget the rules win the race and then see if your disqualified post race.

Comment

image.jpgIf there was an award for the slowest racer on the track, I'd have won hands down. Those more experienced racers smoked me. Afterwards I got some good tips from Dusty Taylor and Brian Taylor (and another gentleman whose name I didn't catch) on different wheels and bearings and weight distribution. Thanks guys.

I had a lot of fun building the racer and every time I worked on it I would ask myself, "What would Smokey Yunick do?" It sure seemed fast when I rolled it along the garage floor. It sure was slow on the track. At least it rolled straight and didn't hit any walls.

I had a lot of fun. Tom

Comment

For some reason your picture is sideways on my computer. I flipped it.
                              BTW I think the highlight of the race was when you popped the radiator cap off and put it back on your car.
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                              Searcy, Arkansas
                              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                              X