Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jnewkirk77
    replied
    Thank you, thank you very much! I've portrayed myself over the years as a Hawk nut, but I just love that Lark, and I wouldn't mind adding to my fleet a new dimension in motoring, perhaps the compact with Performability. What's that? A compact? Of course not, it's far too roomy! A big car? It's far too convenient!

Sorry, couldn't resist a few advertising catchphrases. I'm glad you like the article and that I've been able to correct some things that needed correcting!

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

Currently driving an '87 Ford F-150, but I dream of having a Hawk one day. Don't we all?

Leave a comment:

• jnewkirk77
    replied
    Thank you, thank you very much! I've portrayed myself over the years as a Hawk nut, but I just love that Lark, and I wouldn't mind adding to my fleet a new dimension in motoring, perhaps the compact with Performability. What's that? A compact? Of course not, it's far too roomy! A big car? It's far too convenient!

Sorry, couldn't resist a few advertising catchphrases. I'm glad you like the article and that I've been able to correct some things that needed correcting!

Currently driving an '87 Ford F-150, but I dream of having a Hawk one day. Don't we all?

Leave a comment:

• Studedude1961
    replied
    Jacob you done good! A very concise and from what I can see, accurate portrayal of my favorite line of Studebakers! Thanks for your hard work on the article!

Studedude1961
    --1963 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• Studedude1961
    replied
    Jacob you done good! A very concise and from what I can see, accurate portrayal of my favorite line of Studebakers! Thanks for your hard work on the article!

Studedude1961
    --1963 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Lookin' good![^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Lookin' good![^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• jnewkirk77
    replied
    Guys, give it a look now and see what you think. I hope I've addressed your concerns; if not, let me know. I really want to make sure it's right.

Leave a comment:

• jnewkirk77
    replied
    Guys, give it a look now and see what you think. I hope I've addressed your concerns; if not, let me know. I really want to make sure it's right.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
    they were built in South Bend (the main factory) from 59 thru 64 as well.
    As well as assembled overseas too.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
    they were built in South Bend (the main factory) from 59 thru 64 as well.
    As well as assembled overseas too.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I have a problem with it saying that the Larks were built from 59 thru 66 in Canada. Granted, that's true, but they were built in South Bend (the main factory) from 59 thru 64 as well.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I have a problem with it saying that the Larks were built from 59 thru 66 in Canada. Granted, that's true, but they were built in South Bend (the main factory) from 59 thru 64 as well.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• jnewkirk77
    replied
    Well, actually Rich, the company names were something that was already there and I haven't yet done anything to that. I don't think that part reads very well, but I'm going to come up with a solution, possibly as soon as I finish this post. Check back and let me know whatcha think!

EDIT: I changed 'em. Let me know if it reads better; I'm tired and it looks good to me, but that's just me! [)]

Leave a comment:

• jnewkirk77
    replied
    Well, actually Rich, the company names were something that was already there and I haven't yet done anything to that. I don't think that part reads very well, but I'm going to come up with a solution, possibly as soon as I finish this post. Check back and let me know whatcha think!

EDIT: I changed 'em. Let me know if it reads better; I'm tired and it looks good to me, but that's just me! [)]

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Good job Jacob![^] It is kind of neat that anyone can do that, but can get very wrong, when it is not done correctly! [:0]

I think I updated some '57 and '58 stories that were way off base, because lots of people THINK they know what they are talking about, but do not!

You must have spent a good deal of time researching the info to get it that good. [^]

I almost thought you had it wrong when I saw that the Lark was built from 1959 to 1962! But then I saw you have prefaced it by showing the correct Corp. name of the Co's that built them! A bit of an unusual way to say it, but nonetheless correct![^]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X