Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Wouldn't you know it, still another GREAT Studebaker name or feature to be "stolen" by another Auto Co. like Transtar, Commander, Daytona, Challenger, Champion and overhead lighting controls, rocker switches, roll bar, Disc. Brakes, Hill Holders, Vanity Trays, cup holders, limited slip differentials, sliding roof, Sky-Top, side marker lights, Ign.-on running lights, etc, etc, etc!

What's next...Flight-O-Matic? Maybe I'll be a new Cessna auto pilot!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Wouldn't you know it, still another GREAT Studebaker name or feature to be "stolen" by another Auto Co. like Transtar, Commander, Daytona, Challenger, Champion and overhead lighting controls, rocker switches, roll bar, Disc. Brakes, Hill Holders, Vanity Trays, cup holders, limited slip differentials, sliding roof, Sky-Top, side marker lights, Ign.-on running lights, etc, etc, etc!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

To go with the 50s-60's Cessna slogan...the
        "Land O-Matic" landing gear!

Just a minor point...Plenty of earlier European cars had fabric "Sky-Top"-like sunroofs...

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

To go with the 50s-60's Cessna slogan...the
          "Land O-Matic" landing gear!

Just a minor point...Plenty of earlier European cars had fabric "Sky-Top"-like sunroofs...

63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Several comments, the hill holder (or No-Roll unit) was a product of Bendix, Packard's had the side marker lights and as we have hashed out before, disc brakes appeared on American cars before Studebaker used them.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Several comments, the hill holder (or No-Roll unit) was a product of Bendix, Packard's had the side marker lights and as we have hashed out before, disc brakes appeared on American cars before Studebaker used them.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Wait a minute there, hold your horse carts!! The "Hill Holder" name was exclusively a Studebaker name for Bendix's No-Rol valve, but who used it first?...Studebaker!

And no mass produced American car had the Discs. before Studebaker. Wasn't it some obscure experimental Crosley model, that never made mass production?

StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich

Comment

Wait a minute there, hold your horse carts!! The "Hill Holder" name was exclusively a Studebaker name for Bendix's No-Rol valve, but who used it first?...Studebaker!

And no mass produced American car had the Discs. before Studebaker. Wasn't it some obscure experimental Crosley model, that never made mass production?

StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich

Comment

Studerich is correct!

Comment

Studerich is correct!

Comment

Chrysler had a disc brake option in the early 50s. It had an internal caliper. Not at all like the modern style and apparently not a popular option. I believe Avanti was the first American car with disc brakes standard.
                        Rob

Comment

Chrysler had a disc brake option in the early 50s. It had an internal caliper. Not at all like the modern style and apparently not a popular option. I believe Avanti was the first American car with disc brakes standard.
                          Rob

Comment

The humor of the article was the multiplication of the number of gears available, compared to our Powershift. Six speed Powershift to our 3 speed Powershift. I also love the way they named the transmission like they name automobiles. I feel like saying, Powershift, its a beast I tell ya [)]!!

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                            1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                            [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                            [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                            [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                            [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

The humor of the article was the multiplication of the number of gears available, compared to our Powershift. Six speed Powershift to our 3 speed Powershift. I also love the way they named the transmission like they name automobiles. I feel like saying, Powershift, its a beast I tell ya [)]!!

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                              [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                              [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                              [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                              [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
                              X