• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So. I now have quotes from 5 firms. 4 cars , values range from 5000-20000
    Hagerty - $798 - towing up to 150 miles
    Heacock - $196 - 1000 miles/year, $200/ towing incident, $5000 medical
    American Modern - $223 - 1000/miles , $200 towing/incident
    American Classic - $340/year. 5000 medical, $200 towing
    JC Tayor - $450 - Really poor customer service, Will not insure cars under restoration or rusty, 50 mile towing, only allowed 3 tows/year, $1000 medical

I have have a couple of glass with Hagerty, all good experiences, any onr have a claim through American Modern?
    51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
    53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
    62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

My policy with Heacock has a mileage tier of 3000 miles a year which I never reach. The 1000 mile limit must be an option or something new. Never had a claim and hope I don't.

Comment

Reopened a claim with Hagerty that closed in January. Original claim was for left side wheels bent from hitting something on the interstate. Found damage to left rocker when car in for restorative paintwork this past week, estimate of $935 authorized with no hassle whatsoever.

Comment

always look at the hassle involved after an accident. A very close friend of mine owns a high end restoration - hot rod shop here in so cal. Not all insurance company's are willing to pay the going rate for classic car repairs . The cut rate guy's only want to pay $55 an hour. Good luck with that at a reputable shop.

Comment

I have been with Taylor for maybe 10 years now, and before with Grundy, IIRC. I paid about $440 annual premium last time due, for three Hawks. It goes up a bit each year, but not much. No claims, ever (knock wood).

Comment

Been with Haggerty for many years with many cars. Rates are fair and unlimited mileage is a big plus. Had J C Taylor prior and if using the car for an out of state event and driving it, needed to get special permission or get reprimanded for too many miles in a year. Had a windshield claim and was handled very well.
              Haggerty has also handled a windshield claim on the 66 Daytona, but was a little bit of a hassle. Money wasn't the problem, it was logistics and responsibility.
              National agents, the ones you get when using the 800 claim number, ask that the policy owner find a local company to do the work and they would send the glass to them. Did that and the company broke the windshield during installation. When that was disclosed to the agent, he explained that they were not responsible because I had picked the glass company. Had to contact a local Haggerty agent and explain that situation and that I should never have been involved in the selection process. They took over from there and within a week another windshield was shipped from the east coast and installed at my house. Moral of the story: let the local agent earn their money and do the work. The customers job is to pay the premiums and be treated with respect. Heard later that the glass company that broke the windshield was sued for the price of the glass and shipping, nearly $1000. Don't know what the result of that was and don't care.
              sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
              1950 Champion Convertible
              1950 Champion 4Dr
              1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
              1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Unlimited mileage is not a plus at all in my situation. I believe it would be for some others.

I have seven cars with American Modern through MK Insurance Co. Outstanding customer service as far as writing up my policies. I agree that all cars will be kept in a locked garage at night. I can even drive any one of them to work twice a week, which does happen from time to time with my old factory turbocharged Bimmer. I can choose the mileage limit which in my case varies from 1,000 miles per year up to 6000 miles per year. If I change my mind on the mileage limit for any particular car, I can up that at any time. I have not had a claim with them, and hopefull, I never do. I have corresponded with others who did, and reported no issues at all. It is agreed value coverage. If one of my cars is stolen (not likely because of where they are kept, but still, could happen) I get the value we agreed to.

http://www.mkinsuranceagency.com/

Comment

As I said earlier I have always used Hagarty for my older vehicles (once I learned the savings in doing that). I was at an International Meet a while back and stopped by the JC Taylor to get a comparison cost. The rep there said they could not insure vehicles in North Carolina.
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                  X