Popped up in a local Pick-N-Pull yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popped up in a local Pick-N-Pull yard

Located in Parts Galore pick and pull in Warren, MI. No other info on it as this was sent to me by a buddy doing some "shopping" there.

Frank Remlinger
    Detroit, Michigan
    SDC# A004602R

Looks like some good parts there.

Comment

Holy cow, Frank; an extant Studebaker Hawk in a Michigan junk yard! It's either a 1957 or 1958 Silver Hawk. Too much trim is missing (front parking lights) to get closer on the ID. It is/was probably a six, because I don't see any holes for the V8 flag emblem on the LF fender, right below the holes for the Studebaker script.

'Thought of you today at the Mecum auction where there was a sharp Dart GTS in your colors with 440(!) and Torqueflite. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Holy cow, Frank; an extant Studebaker Hawk in a Michigan junk yard! It's either a 1957 or 1958 Silver Hawk. Too much trim is missing (front parking lights) to get closer on the ID. It is/was probably a six, because I don't see any holes for the V8 flag emblem on the LF fender, right below the holes for the Studebaker script.

'Thought of you today at the Mecum auction where there was a sharp Dart GTS in your colors with 440(!) and Torqueflite. BP

I would think 1958 since it does not have the wider trim around the windshield (or wheel well trim). Of course, the 14 inch wheels have probably been changed.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

grab the dash
          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Looks like a plucked chicken. Other than the rear end, I do not see much worth fooling with. The rear end is only worth the effort if it is a ATT

Comment

Good on ya getting this one lensed before she's gone.

Doesn't look much better than my Lark, unfortunately...ahem...

S.

Comment

Front fenders are worth grabbing all by themselves...
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  I would think 1958 since it does not have the wider trim around the windshield (or wheel well trim). Of course, the 14 inch wheels have probably been changed.
                  the silver hawks did not have the wheel trim and all "C" cars used the smaller windshield trim
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                    the silver hawks did not have the wheel trim and all "C" cars used the smaller windshield trim
                    Since I wasn't trusting my memory on these Silver Hawks, I went to a book with pictures of Hawks. The pictured 1957 Silver Hawk had wider windshield trim and wheel opening mouldings and the 1958 had neither. By your statement, I guess that the pictured 1957 was a slightly modified car.
                    I am pretty sure that for at least one year of C-bodied Hawks that the V8 cars had wheel well mouldings and the six cylinder cars did not. What year or years was that the case?
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8841.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1713767Saw this recently. They think it was a Golden Hawk.

Comment

Originally posted by nebraska stude View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]64337[/ATTACH]Saw this recently. They think it was a Golden Hawk.
                        It is a 1956 Golden Hawk, or rather what is left of one.

Bob Miles
                        Tucson AZ

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                          I am pretty sure that for at least one year of C-bodied Hawks that the V8 cars had wheel well mouldings and the six cylinder cars did not. What year or years was that the case?

Craig

Comment

Working...
                          X