Anyone know about this car in Mesa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about this car in Mesa?

This car has been on Ebay and Craigslist for some time. I asked a question about the title but have not gotten a response back.

First, being from Texas covers a wide area from east to west. Looking at the rust and pitting it must have been on the east side near the coast. Seller has zero feed back.

I did toss in a best offer last listing but it came back rejected and no counter offer. He originally started at $5,000 and it is still listed on Craigslist at that price.

Having owned a 52 Commander with overdrive, it was the best driving highway Studebaker I have ever owned. 1952 models are lower on the radar than most other Studebakers. Even some people like the 58's more because of the fins. I also know that chrome on 52's to do is just about the value of the car itself unless it is a Starlight, Hardtop. or Convertible.

Does anyone else know this car or if the seller is a member or on the forum?

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

No shift lever?

Comment

I know that the obvious rust makes me wonder about hidden rust. I would want to examine that car in person before making much of an offer.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
        I know that the obvious rust makes me wonder about hidden rust. I would want to examine that car in person before making much of an offer.
        I threw out an offer just for giggles of $1,800 and it was rejected, which I am thankful. Methinks this is a novice that bought the car thinking it being an orphan make and was going to retire off the proceeds. As someone once said " You can never pay to much for a Studebaker, you just buy it too soon."

Bob Miles
        Tucson AZ

Comment

I see that the BIN is now $3,500

Comment

Working...
          X