I won't have to worry about Studebakers anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't have to worry about Studebakers anymore

I just opened the Richmond Times Dispatch and found out that I had died!

You won't have to hear about my troubles trying to get my Studebaker completed anymore!

http://www.legacy.com/TimesDispatch/...=SEARCHRESULTS

Shepherd Jr., Leonard "Shep"

View/Sign Guest Book

SHEPHERD, Leonard "Shep" Jr., 78, of Richmond, died January 8, 2008. Survivors include his wife, Margaret "Peggy" Shepherd; four children, Susan Longest, Steven Shepherd, David Shepherd, and Tom Shepherd; one brother, Robert Shepherd; and eight grandchildren. Shep worked for Southern States Cooperative (Fertilizer Division), and retired as the comptroller after 34 years of service. Funeral services will be held 11 a.m. Friday at the Huguenot Chapel of Woody Funeral Home, 1020 Huguenot Rd. The family will receive friends one hour prior to service. Entombment Forest Lawn Cemetery.

I am also a junior, but only one person has ever called me "Shep".

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

How did Mark Twain say it...."Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated"?!

Glad you're still with us, Leonard...who would post all those great pictures that NOBODY else has?!!!

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

How did Mark Twain say it...."Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated"?!

Glad you're still with us, Leonard...who would post all those great pictures that NOBODY else has?!!!

Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

What a coincidence...and right there in Richmond, too! ('Better resist the temptation to note the other Leonard's life-long involvment in the fertilizer business! [:0] <GG&gt BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What a coincidence...and right there in Richmond, too! ('Better resist the temptation to note the other Leonard's life-long involvment in the fertilizer business! [:0] <GG&gt BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

LOL-Any way you can use this to get out of paying TAXES ???!!?? That would be more Stude money.

Comment

LOL-Any way you can use this to get out of paying TAXES ???!!?? That would be more Stude money.

Comment

Would you care to leave the 52 to me[8D]?

Mark Anderson
                Member SDC and FMCA
                Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
                http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
                Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

Would you care to leave the 52 to me[8D]?

Mark Anderson
                  Member SDC and FMCA
                  Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
                  http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
                  Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

Wow, you were 78? I thought you looked lots younger.
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Wow, you were 78? I thought you looked lots younger.
                      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

All your warning flags should be flying at the top of the pole!
                        Keep an eye on all your accounts.
                        Change all your passwords.
                        Screen your phone calls.
                        Double check your S/S statement.
                        Lot's of wierd things can happen when the wrong people read this (the obit...in your local paper) and target you out.
                        Lot's of wierd things can happen when gov't employees 'delete' those two lines in one town because 'there can't possibly be two in the same town'...
                        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by lstude

<snip>
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

All your warning flags should be flying at the top of the pole!
                          Keep an eye on all your accounts.
                          Change all your passwords.
                          Screen your phone calls.
                          Double check your S/S statement.
                          Lot's of wierd things can happen when the wrong people read this (the obit...in your local paper) and target you out.
                          Lot's of wierd things can happen when gov't employees 'delete' those two lines in one town because 'there can't possibly be two in the same town'...
                          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by lstude

<snip>
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Leonard,
                            You remind me of a similar obituary involving my name, Roger Price.
                            There used to be a comedian with the same name and one day I was looking at the obituary page in Newsday (Long Island's newspaper) and saw my name. What a weird feeling. Anyway, I'm still here, as are you. Thank goodness.
                            Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                            Smithtown,NY
                            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Leonard,
                              You remind me of a similar obituary involving my name, Roger Price.
                              There used to be a comedian with the same name and one day I was looking at the obituary page in Newsday (Long Island's newspaper) and saw my name. What a weird feeling. Anyway, I'm still here, as are you. Thank goodness.
                              Rog

Smithtown,NY
                              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                              X