No announcement yet.

Help with attitude adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No delivery here in Southern Oregon as of 5/14/17....We will see maybe today (5/15/17).
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

3 weeks late is better than 4 weeks or not at all ...
      64 Avanti R1 R5529

Comment

nothing here yet.
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I just got my issue today (the 15th). Accepting it always being late may be the new norm. Here is a crazy idea I would like to run by you all. Since it is always late for someone, and I am sure that those who put it out do not want to change what they do (and they do a great job by the way!), how about changing the cover in August to read September and continuing in order from there. If everything else remains the same then everyone will get their copy on time. There will just not be an August copy. Or call it the August/September double month issue (a one time thing) and then there will not be a "missing month".
          George Cagle
          North Alabama Chapter

1937 Dictator
          1947 M5
          1948 Commander
          1963 Avanti

Comment

Some of it is the post office; some of it is the ol' "check's in the mail" story, LOL.

I don't mind if it's a little late; it's great-reading every month and a steal to subscribe IMHO.
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

I finally got my issue today (the 15th) - one week after Bob Peterson got his.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
              10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
              56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
              60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                I finally got my issue today (the 15th) - one week after Bob Peterson got his.
                I am pretty sure they all go in the mail on the same day so I think this is on USPS.
                Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                50 Champion 2 door*
                53 Commander K Auto*
                53 Commander K overdrive*
                55 President Speedster
                62 GT 4Speed*
                63 Avanti R1*
                64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Another car club I belong to offers the option of receiving the monthly magazine as a PDF via email each month. As a guy in his mid-50s trying to de-crapify his life and home, yet still wishing to retain the valuable tech and historical information from my Club publications, I'd love it if the SDC did the same thing. It also cuts the cost of printing and mailing, allowing the Club increased savings.

It also solves the problems of late delivery

Just a thought.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                    Another car club I belong to offers the option of receiving the monthly magazine as a PDF via email each month. As a guy in his mid-50s trying to de-crapify his life and home, yet still wishing to retain the valuable tech and historical information from my Club publications, I'd love it if the SDC did the same thing. It also cuts the cost of printing and mailing, allowing the Club increased savings.

It also solves the problems of late delivery

Just a thought.
                    Several of the local car clubs and toy train clubs do that in my area. It's a great idea, IMO.
                    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
                    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
                    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
                    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
                    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

There is a big possibility that a PDF file copy of Turning Wheels may be in the future for those who want to receive it that way. The advantages are there as a reduction in cost of printing and handling, quicker delivery and easier storage. However, we have many older members who would prefer a "hard" copy so we have to weigh both options and will be doing that very soon.
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                      X