X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Langer
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

Neat letter from Packard, Bob! Were those your Dad/Uncles/Grandfather? If so, what was their take on Packard only a year later? And...did they sell Studebakers later on, or take on Edsel as it seemed a fair number of former Packard dealers did?

What part of Pennsylvania was the dealership in? I don't recognize the town name.

BTW, that turquoise Avanti of yours in the photo looks terrific! I always felt that was the best Avanti color.
    Bill,

The first ones pictured in the ad are my Uncles (Al and Regis) and the last is my Dad (Francis).
    They got Studebaker in 1956.Packard replaced Kaiser,Frazer,Henry J and Willys,so they were no strangers to orphans.
    They also started to sell Jeeps in 1953 and when they retired in 1983 my brother bought the business and moved to a new location.He continued to sell Jeeps until his death in 1995,and the business was sold in 1996
    West View is just a few miles north of Pittsburgh.
    Thank you for the nice comment on the Avanti.I bought it used in 1965
    with 9000 miles and today it only has 28000 miles.

Bob Langer
    63 Avanti
    Glenshaw,PA

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    Neat letter from Packard, Bob! Were those your Dad/Uncles/Grandfather? If so, what was their take on Packard only a year later? And...did they sell Studebakers later on, or take on Edsel as it seemed a fair number of former Packard dealers did?

What part of Pennsylvania was the dealership in? I don't recognize the town name.

BTW, that turquoise Avanti of yours in the photo looks terrific! I always felt that was the best Avanti color.

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

Leave a comment:

• Bob Langer
    started a topic " New Packard Dealer"

" New Packard Dealer"

Bob Langer
    63 Avanti
    Glenshaw,PA

Working...
X