1941 M5 Deluxe Equipment Group - Info Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1941 M5 Deluxe Equipment Group - Info Needed

Some time back I was talking to a guy in this forum who had the chrome strips that went on grill of the M-Series Trucks. I believe at the time he was interested in selling them. The guy only had the set for both sides of the grill and the not the center portion. Please contact me if you are that guy.

On a similar note, does anyone know of an example existing today of a 1941 M5 with the deluxe equipment group? I know there are pictures out there from the time period, but it would be nice to see one currently living today with such ornamentation.

Thank you
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Originally posted by 61LaRk4dr View Post
    Some time back I was talking to a guy in this forum who had the chrome strips that went on grill of the M-Series Trucks. I believe at the time he was interested in selling them. The guy only had the set for both sides of the grill and the not the center portion. Please contact me if you are that guy.

On a similar note, does anyone know of an example existing today of a 1941 M5 with the deluxe equipment group? I know there are pictures out there from the time period, but it would be nice to see one currently living today with such ornamentation.

Thank you
    The photo below shows Dan Bean's (Mulkeytown, Illinois) M5. The Deluxe trim kit was offered from the factory only in the 1941 model year. Data on this was carried in my article that appeared in the May/June 1999 issue of the Antique Studebaker Review. The entire issue is devoted to the M5. The page relevant to the trim kit is included below.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	m series dan bean.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	1713548 Click image for larger version

Name:	m series deluxe trim copy.jpg
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	1713549 Click image for larger version

Name:	m series w deluxe trim copy.jpg
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	1713550
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      The photo below shows Dan Bean's (Mulkeytown, Illinois) M5. The Deluxe trim kit was offered from the factory only in the 1941 model year. Data on this was carried in my article that appeared in the May/June 1999 issue of the Antique Studebaker Review. The entire issue is devoted to the M5. The page relevant to the trim kit is included below.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]64019[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]64020[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]64021[/ATTACH]
      As always, thank you for the information. I am happy to see that one is still on the road. Where was the other picture taken? Was that recent? Seems like a waste to let the elements take away an already rare setup.
      1947 Studebaker M-5
      1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

Here are the two issues of the Review devoted to the M5. The first May/June '99 has the feature I mentioned and the second is the one about Dan Bean's truck. The deluxe kit shown in the 3rd photo of the derelict M5 in the field is the one now on Dan Bean's truck. It was saved. Sold to Dan at the York meet maybe 15 years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	review cover may june 1999.jpg
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	1713551Click image for larger version

Name:	review cover may june 2004.jpg
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	1713552
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
          Here are the two issues of the Review devoted to the M5. The first May/June '99 has the feature I mentioned and the second is the one about Dan Bean's truck. The deluxe kit shown in the 3rd photo of the derelict M5 in the field is the one now on Dan Bean's truck. It was saved. Sold to Dan at the York meet maybe 15 years ago.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64022[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]64023[/ATTACH]
          Thank you, it turns out I have the May/June 99 issue but I do not have the one on Dan Bean's truck. Do you happen to know where I can get a copy if it is still possible? Also, I noticed in the article that apparently a good protion of these equipped trucks ended up over in my neck of the woods (Pacific Northwest). Seems odd that there hasn't been more to surface. About the the closest I got to a set of these was a guy who lived in my town about 20 years ago (doesn't seem that long ago) who had a tan 1946 M5 but also happened to have a spare hood with with the side moldings intact, no grill moldings or moldings for the cab. The guy moved away about the time I was gone on my 5 year hiatus. I am not sure what became of the hood, or the truck for that matter. I had heard that before he left he was attempting to sell the truck locally for $4500.
          1947 Studebaker M-5
          1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

Working...
          X