Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Golden Hawk: to Hershey Auto Museum 'Barn Find' exhibit

Everyone,

FYI: My non-running 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk is being picked up today by the Hershey Auto Museum for their upcoming 'Barn Find' exhibit to be held May 13 - October 8th.
    It is not yet listed on their website as being there, but it WILL be...
    Curiously, this exhibit is now shown on their website as 'Garage Find'...hmmmmm.
    This is a car I literally found in a barn and will be sent for a non-cosmetic restoration (but full mechanical) after the show ends.
    In other words, it will continue it's 'barn find' look, but be reliable...can't wait!
    Original engine and supercharger are still in the car but the older gentleman I bought it from swapped in bucket seats from a Studebaker Hawk GT AND put a 4 speed manual in it.
    I intend to keep it that way. (The green 'hair' in the background isn't shag carpet...just sea grass from my backyard I didn't notice when I took the photo).
    DavidClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0107.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1753970

David,
    My brother just took delivery of a 1957 Golden Hawk in a similar situation. He purchased it from a seller in Indianapolis. He plans on doing all the mechanical restoration himself as he is a mechanic with a great home shop.
    I am not clear if he plans to keep the "patina" on it or just fix the worst spots and leave the rest alone. Your's looks very nice for a barn find. Good job! And congratulations on having it entered to be displayed at the Hershey museum!
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Dave, congrats and have a great time at the premier of the show on Friday!!
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
      X