South bend international meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South bend international meet

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MICHIANA CHAPTER ...EXCELLENT MEET !

In spite of mother nature"s Thursday showers, the judging went well under roof.

The venues of the meet were great as I attended the building 84 assembly plant tour and it was very well conducted with knowledgeable volunteers very historic tour. Wish I could have taken the proving grounds tour,

The Parade to uptown SB was really fun to watch with so many model years ....had to be over 200 parking on the street

The two buildings of vendors offering many parts with some rare ones provided a great chance to find ones much needed parts.

The building housing the Studebaker toys and watches was well attended offering many different models and watches

Again , a much appreciated thank you for all the chapter volunteers to make the 2017 meet a success

Joe

Joe Parsons

I like your post Joe. I wanted to attend, but circumstances didn't allow. Apparently, despite the weather...you didn't forget to pack your smile and good attitude. Also apparent, is that you must have considered the fees you paid, as your duty to support the SDC, and the Host Chapters expenses incurred to conduct such a gathering. I've never attended a meet looking to "get my money's worth." Instead, I have paid registration fees, and thanked the people doing the "thankless" jobs. I've never considered meet fees as buying a commodity, like a pair of shoes, or a bag of groceries. Not everyone has the talent or patience to be an event planner or organizer. But everyone can pitch in to offset the costs.

When I attend these meets, I often shop/look at the swap meet goods more than I buy. I enjoy the cars, but most of all, I enjoy the people. Many of us, in our own communities, and towns, are the "oddball" car enthusiasts. But, it's these gatherings, that supply the assurance, we are not alone in our hobby. Studebaker folks from all walks of life, different social, ethnic, educational, and economic backgrounds, come together, with a common bond around these vintage lovable old Studebakers and the history that encompasses them.

Joe, your summation of your experience, is further evidence of a great successful meet.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by 58 Hawk View Post
      CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MICHIANA CHAPTER ...EXCELLENT MEET !

In spite of mother nature"s Thursday showers, the judging went well under roof.

The venues of the meet were great as I attended the building 84 assembly plant tour and it was very well conducted with knowledgeable volunteers very historic tour. Wish I could have taken the proving grounds tour,

The Parade to uptown SB was really fun to watch with so many model years ....had to be over 200 parking on the street

The two buildings of vendors offering many parts with some rare ones provided a great chance to find ones much needed parts.

The building housing the Studebaker toys and watches was well attended offering many different models and watches

Again , a much appreciated thank you for all the chapter volunteers to make the 2017 meet a success

Joe
      Joe,
      So glad you had a nice time! Thanks for coming!

Comment

Let me add my thanks as well. This was my first meet and my wife and I enjoyed it very much. The sight of all of those Studebakers downtown and at the show on Saturday is one never to forget. I had the opportunity to meet some of the folks I had only known from this forum so that in itself was worth the price of admission!

Thank you Michiana Chapter organizers and volunteers alike! Well done!

Kato

Comment

Meet was great fun. The parade into town on Friday was the highlight. The chilled weather was not okay, but tolerable. However on a positive weather note, only one bug was squashed on the front of my Hawk from Maryland to Indiana and back.

Thank you to everyone who volunteered their time and efforts to make this a success!

Comment

Working...
          X