1964 Daytona Hardtop Rescue Effort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Colgate Studebaker View Post
    Paul, you looked like a 5 year old kid at Christmas opening up that box! LOL As I and others have said before, you are doing a marvelous job documenting your work, and your work is exemplary! Keep em coming, we thoroughly enjoy them. Bill
    Bill, your comment made me chuckle.................basically I am just a big kid at heart!

Thank you for your kind words. I hope some of the things that are posted in this thread encourage others to push the envelope on what they do themselves on their Studebakers.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

• On this Memorial Day, I thank God for those heroes who gave their lives for the freedoms that we enjoy today in these United States.

Daytona update.......................here is a video on how to make your own dash (firewall) liner. When I called SI to order one, they are on backorder with no date for restocking. I've never made one of these myself, but the only way to figure it out is to just start on it. This is Part 1, and Part 2 will be online soon.

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome. Also, consider subscribing to our YouTube channel. Enjoy!

Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

• Got the Daytona out of the basement, and put the '62 GT back into the basement. Moving these around by myself takes a little planning, but I'm used to working alone.

Put the door, rear quarter, and rocker panel on to check how close the gaps etc are. Not too bad. May have to shim up some on the body mounts at the B-pillar, but no big deal. Need to put the beltline trim on to see how that lines up.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05439 resized.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1840151
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

• I also work alone & yep; it sure takes time some times... But the feeling when the worst & most work is behind sure makes up for what's been done & nowadays with that kind of experiance... & so on...
          That car sure looks straight to me & from here where I am!
          (& as for the post before this one & the war that was: I think we here in Europe are (hopefully) even more greatfull to the fact that the nazis were defeted.)

sigpic

Josephine
          Champion V8
          4d sedan

Comment

• Back on the Daytona, tackling the rust in the drivers side front fender. Part One of the video is here at the direct link: https://youtu.be/PaNCUdwB60Q

Or you can watch from right here:
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

• At last you're here again!
              sigpic

Josephine
              Champion V8
              4d sedan

Comment

• Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                At last you're here again!
                Thanks Nox................yes, back on this again. Where did the time go??

I appreciate you noticing!
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

• Man, am I glad you are back! I knew you were still alive from some posts on other threads but I'm glad to see that we are going to get the Dayton back in good condition again. Always look forward to your posts.

Comment

• Just finished the latest. No need to apologize for the quality of any of your videos! They do the job they are intended to do quite well. Just keep up the good work.

Comment

• Thank you Nick for the kind words!

Part 2 should be out soon.
                      Paul
                      Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

• Fender repair Part Two.............let's weld it up and grind it down!

Link if you can't open the video below: https://youtu.be/pUeUg6GfMxs

Paul
                        Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Working...
                        X