Franklin, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin, GA

Anyone here near the Franklin, GA area that might be able/willing to check out a car for me?
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Sorry, It ain't in my part of Georgia.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
      Sorry, It ain't in my part of Georgia.
      Shucks, I was hoping you might be close. I know you would give me an accurate report!
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

Unless I'm wrong, Franklin is the name of a county in Georgia. The county seat is the town of Carnesville. That's about 81 miles down I-85 for me. About half way from me to Atlanta. And...the older I get, the trip is increasingly unpleasant getting that close to Atlanta.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

If it is the town of Franklin, it's about 2 hours away from me. Located in Heard county, closer to Alabama than Atlanta
          Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

According to Google maps, Franklin is 85 miles SW of Atlanta on Interstate 85.
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Well...now I'm confused (what's new) 'cause I'm using Google maps too. Every time I try to enter Franklin, Ga., it takes me to "Franklin County." That is up I-85 near the South Carolina state line.

So, I entered "Atlanta, Ga. to the Alabama state line on I-85, just to see if I could zoom in and find a town named Franklin. Doing that... it says 80 miles and names the nearby town as West Point, Georgia. Five miles further and you are 5 miles in Alabama.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

'Kinda makes me wonder if I can get there from here if I decide to buy the car. (And back?!) -¿Ö
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                  'Kinda makes me wonder if I can get there from here if I decide to buy the car. (And back?!) -¿Ö
                  WOO HOO! I found it! Apparently, Franklin Georgia is not in Franklin County. Franklin County's county seat is Carnesville Georgia. However, Franklin Georgia is the county seat of Heard County. Although, the info Google provides does not refer to Franklin as a town or city. Instead, it calls it a "village." Population 902 (seventeen years ago). It is somewhere north of a Georgia Game management area, west of Wilson's Store, but east of Texas, Georgia. (You following this???)

Ordinarily, I do my best to assist a fellow SDC friend, but while typing this little ditty, and searching the map, two horror movies came creeping from the back of my memory...The Sadist (1963) and The Duel (1971 with Dennis Weaver). I think I'll pass on this one.

John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                    I think I'll pass on this one.
                    I think I hear banjos in the background.
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                      I think I hear banjos in the background.
                      And a pretty mouth?
                      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                        WOO HOO! I found it! Apparently, Franklin Georgia is not in Franklin County. Franklin County's county seat is Carnesville Georgia. However, Franklin Georgia is the county seat of Heard County. Although, the info Google provides does not refer to Franklin as a town or city. Instead, it calls it a "village." Population 902 (seventeen years ago). It is somewhere north of a Georgia Game management area, west of Wilson's Store, but east of Texas, Georgia. (You following this???)

Ordinarily, I do my best to assist a fellow SDC friend, but while typing this little ditty, and searching the map, two horror movies came creeping from the back of my memory...The Sadist (1963) and The Duel (1971 with Dennis Weaver). I think I'll pass on this one.

That's where I found it John. It's east of Texas, but south of Waco, and Temple. Not too far from Villa Rica, former home of the Avanti Motor corp. Looks like it's about 30-40 miles from Douglasville. If you can get in touch with Jerry Forester, he might be able to check it out for you
                        Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                          And a pretty mouth?
                          Did someone refer to Ned Beatty???

, ,

Comment

As temping as it is, I've decided to pass on it. Not a 'Stude, but would still be fun:

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/6090675490.html
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

Dave - Thanks for posting what you were pursuing.
                              It looks very nice and I like these, but it is not for me without heat, A/C or door handles, especially at the price asked.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X