Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1963 R2 Super Lark Daytona convertible eye candy at 2017 Mecum Indy auction (my dream car!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 R2 Super Lark Daytona convertible eye candy at 2017 Mecum Indy auction (my dream car!)

Up for auction sometime between May 16th-20th, this beauty is advertised as having only 4768 original miles! This car would look even better parked in my garage.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...k/1940860.html

sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Downright gorgeous !
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Very nice car, but I would still like to see the Production Order before actually handing over any $$$.

If its a genuine package SuperLark, it would not have 1964 style R2 fender emblems, and it possibly should have a tach, not a clock. (although there are some genuine SuperLarks with clocks; again, the Production Order would verify.)

Craig

Comment

Valid points Craig. Is my memory correct in that the Powershift was not available on 1963 Studebakers? I see the auction has some other alleged low mileage Studebakers, perhaps from the same collector?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
          Valid points Craig. Is my memory correct in that the Powershift was not available on 1963 Studebakers?
          It was later in the model year: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...berti-papers-3

Craig

Comment

"Floor Shift

February 15 is the approximate date for the start of production for the floor shift for the automatic. Mr. Minkel will notify the field that floor shift will be available on Larks and Hawks with bucket seats."

Thanks Craig

On another subject, I looked at the Coker Tire website, and the tires on the car appear to be BF Goodrich Silvertown 205/75 R15 goldline tires. I think it is the perfect look for that car and wheel combination. $245 per tire, ouch!
            sigpic

Comment

What will it go for? $40K maybe? 65,000 miles less than the one Grandpa gave me!

Karl
              Silicon Vallley

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2696.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	1713407

Comment

Brent It's only money go to mecum and buy it. Your young you have the rest of your life to pay it off. I also like the 63 lark converts.

Comment

Originally posted by studbkr View Post
                  What will it go for? $40K maybe? 65,000 miles less than the one Grandpa gave me!

Karl
                  Silicon Vallley

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63751[/ATTACH]
                  What it will bring is anybody's guess but I feel Studes are starting to wake up some of the Camaro, Mustang, 'Cuda crowd. It is something different for a change. It's a double edged sword though; sometimes I hope I'm right sometimes I hope I'm wrong.
                  I do remember a black R2 convertible, low mileage car in Pennsylvania many many years ago. I wonder if this could be that car?

Comment

If it's late enough to have a power shift, wouldn't it be late enough to not have LARK designation on the front fenders? My 63 Daytona Hardtop didn't have the LARK emblem and the fenders were not drilled for them. Just curious. I was under the impression that the LARK designation on Daytonas and Cruisers was dropped in mid 63.
                    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                    1950 Champion Convertible
                    1950 Champion 4Dr
                    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by studbkr View Post

Karl
                      Silicon Vallley

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63751[/ATTACH]
                      Karl,
                      you can make up for the money you lost on the Avanti by selling me your Daytona convertible. Very nice looking car.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
                        If it's late enough to have a power shift, wouldn't it be late enough to not have LARK designation on the front fenders? My 63 Daytona Hardtop didn't have the LARK emblem and the fenders were not drilled for them. Just curious. I was under the impression that the LARK designation on Daytonas and Cruisers was dropped in mid 63.
                        Only the Cruiser and mid-year Standard models didn't have the Lark lettering on the front fenders. Daytonas had them right until the end of 1963 production.

Craig

Comment

Nels,

Is this the black one from Pennsylvania? I've owned it since 1983 and lived in PA many moons ago. Has 35,000 miles and Bob Palma sat it in when new on the dealer lot.

Name:	1963 lark convert TW cover scan1.jpg
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1713409

Name:	4651112042_a4a02a316e_n.jpg
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	1713410

Comment

I'm impressed with how great it looks in BLACK. I've not seen many in black through the years. This one, for some reason, jumps out at you. I hope it brings BIG money at Mecum.
                            sals54

Comment

I don't see the LARK designation on the fenders of this one either.
                              Originally posted by studefan View Post
                              Nels,

Is this the black one from Pennsylvania? I've owned it since 1983 and lived in PA many moons ago. Has 35,000 miles and Bob Palma sat it in when new on the dealer lot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63770[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]63771[/ATTACH]
                              sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                              1950 Champion Convertible
                              1950 Champion 4Dr
                              1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                              1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Working...
                              X